I’m working on a new building that’s 1000ft X 270ft and 10 doors that require access control. Given the size of the building it will have PoE at every door.

Each door needs to have both keypad and fob access. One door also requires video/doorbell managed by 2 different tenants. I’m thinking the video doorbell could make a SIP video call to each tenant.

I’m struggling with systems to look at that support all of this.

What have others done for a setup like this?

Have used both the infinias and the axis. I liked the axis as it supports two doors per panel and shares a database between panels. on either system depending on the current draw of the locks you can use the poe power eliminating the need for a

power supply.

Have used both the infinias and the axis. I liked the axis as it supports two doors per panel and shares a database between panels. on either system depending on the current draw of the locks you can use the poe power eliminating the need for a

power supply.

Not sure on the Axis but the Infinias will do 700MA easy.

I actually fired a 2.2 amp Best Mortise Lock but the controller would reboot. I had know Idea the Best drew that much so I had to add a power supply.

If I understand correct, each door has an IP controller that powers the lock. A motion sensor also wires to the controller, and so does the fob/keypad? PoE should be able to provide the door power.

Can it be any fob/keypad? Seems the fob/keypad need to connect to the server/database for verification.

Axis I think has the same 700 w capacity. In the axis and Infinias the data base is stored in the controller. You do not have to have the a pc connected to operate the door with some kind of reader fob card etc. You do have to have access to the controllers to add. change or delete users. or remotly control the doors. There are many ways to set up the door as far as restrict ingress or egress, most of the work we did was schools or medical and the rule was you always had to be able to get out. so you would have to card in on certain door but you could push a crash bar or lever to get out.

Axis I think has the same 700 w capacity. In the axis and Infinias the data base is stored in the controller. You do not have to have the a pc connected to operate the door with some kind of reader fob card etc. You do have to have access to the controllers to add. change or delete users. or remotly control the doors. There are many ways to set up the door as far as restrict ingress or egress, most of the work we did was schools or medical and the rule was you always had to be able to get out. so you would have to card in on certain door but you could push a crash bar or lever to get out.

We have done a few installs using the Infinias Cloud service and it has been great.

For small jobs that don't have a budget or want the hassle of a server it's a great option.

This is all very helpful. Thank you.

Infinias does not seem to have a keypad/fob reader that is single gang. Do you all use another company for that? They don’t seem to have a video doorbell option either. Would you use a different vender for that?

Does Axis have all that ?

This is all very helpful. Thank you.

Infinias does not seem to have a keypad/fob reader that is single gang. Do you all use another company for that? They don’t seem to have a video doorbell option either. Would you use a different vender for that?

Does Axis have all that ?

You can use a Matrix VEGA CAX Terminal that comes with a 3.5'' touch screen which have Keypad/fob reader in a single gang. This Terminal Supports Wiegand output. This is IP65 certified so good for Outdoor Installation also.