Soundy

Video intercom suggestions

OKay, looking for a video intercom/enterphone setup that needs to fit some pretty specific criteria... hoping someone here can make some suggestions.

The basics: entry call station with camera, master station with monitor.

In addition: five non-camera call stations throughout the house.

Would be nice: the in-house stations are also monitors

Would be ideal: radio tuner built-in to the master station, or the ability to input music to broadcast through the house.

THE CATCH: the existing system is an ancient four-wire Mircom system, and the owner really wants to do away with the big ugly 70s-style Mircom master station.

We normally deal with Aiphone, but all their two-wire stuff appears to be limited to one master station and two sub-masters; there doesn't appear to be any support for additional audio-only call stations, until you get into Cat5e/Cat6 systems. As this is an older house, rewiring will NOT be an option.

I found Entryvue (http://www.entryvue.com/residential.html) and their residential systems cover everything I need... except the radio or the ability to broadcast audio.

Anyone have any other suggestions??

*pardon for raising the deads*

mind sharing what you end up with installing?

I've had to replace Aiphone IE series in a building with 7 doors stations and used the AX series. I've pretty much just needed to patch the RJ45 wiring in a certain way.

I wonder if the AX video station requires the use of all 4 pairs.

We ended up using the EntryVue two-wire system... the old Mircom was a four-wire so we were fine using only a single pair. Worked quite well with five screen/intercom stations and two camera/door stations.

thank for the info. I never heard of EntryVue before. looks like they have some nice units on their site. I must get the price list tomorrow morning