Sign in to follow this  
iBkickinit

Help with Honeywell N-1000-IV please...

So my company has moved into a building with an exisiting RFID access system installed, but just not used. No keys for it, and its unplugged, but from looking it up it is a very advanced system. I believe it to use regular HID key cards. There are three doors with electric strikers and swipe stations. It even has a C-100 serial communication module hooked up. Any way I can get this thing programmed to new key cards? Thanks,

Justin

I can help you with this, as I used to work for the manufacturer. This is/was a Northern Computers panel, who was purchased by Honeywell. WinPak SE is the software that you will need to use and, here in the U.S. can only be purchased through ADI. The C-100 module connects directly to a computer COM port on one end and, if not already connected to the panel, wires into the lower left corner on the terminals marked 20mA Loop (or something like that).

Here is the kicker. You need to make sure the firmware version on the panel (big chip in the middle) is version 8.02 or higher. If not, you'll need to upgrade the firmware chip to work with WinPak SE.

Keep in mind that the software is fairly complicated (especially if you're not familiar with WinPak) and pretty expensive.

Hope this helps.