Soundy

Anyone familiar with RBH Integra32 systems?

A client of ours recently "inherited" an apartment building with one of these systems, and it's been showing some odd problems. I've emailed a "general contact" address on RBH's website but I can't find any actual tech-support contact info (phone number or email address).

What kind of problems is it having, hardware/software. It looks like a Mercury access board to me, used by many manufacturers RS2Tech, Lenel etc.

I'm actually not sure if it's hardware or software...

First call out, last Friday, the caretaker's key fob wasn't working on just one door. All other fobs worked on that door, and his fob worked on everything else... just not that one door. After muddling my way around the interface (this being the first time I'd ever touched this kind of system) I found my way into his fob's account, checked all the settings, updated it with the proper spelling of his name, and saved the changes... and then his fob worked.

Then Monday we got a call that one of the other doors was stuck on green and wouldn't lock. Got on site and found the log full of errors showing various panels going online and offline. Rebooted the back-end system and the errors went away. I went into the Access section and found that the panel was set there as Unlocked... right-click on it and select "Lock" and it was back to normal. Seemed like a software error, but I could find nothing in the logs stating that the panel had actually been sent a command to unlock... just the entry from me re-locking it. There were also no logins shown between mine on Friday and mine when I got there Monday, so it didn't seem to be intentional tampering, either.

I thought maybe there was some database corruption going on or something, so I ran a full Memtest and disk diagnostics on the system, and found no problems with the hardware.

Then yesterday we got a call again: another door was stuck at green... as it turned out, the same one that wasn't accepting the caretaker's fob the first visit. Same thing: panel set to Unlocked, no sign of it being changed through software, nothing to indicate when it had actually become "stuck".

Just thinking about it now, I'm wondering if it might be a hardware issue at the control panels (which are in a different room from the backend PC), something causing the panels to unlock, which the software then just detects as the current status... really wishing they had internet set up in the room there so I could get remote access to monitor the system.

I'm actually not sure if it's hardware or software...

First call out, last Friday, the caretaker's key fob wasn't working on just one door. All other fobs worked on that door, and his fob worked on everything else... just not that one door. After muddling my way around the interface (this being the first time I'd ever touched this kind of system) I found my way into his fob's account, checked all the settings, updated it with the proper spelling of his name, and saved the changes... and then his fob worked.

Then Monday we got a call that one of the other doors was stuck on green and wouldn't lock. Got on site and found the log full of errors showing various panels going online and offline. Rebooted the back-end system and the errors went away. I went into the Access section and found that the panel was set there as Unlocked... right-click on it and select "Lock" and it was back to normal. Seemed like a software error, but I could find nothing in the logs stating that the panel had actually been sent a command to unlock... just the entry from me re-locking it. There were also no logins shown between mine on Friday and mine when I got there Monday, so it didn't seem to be intentional tampering, either.

I thought maybe there was some database corruption going on or something, so I ran a full Memtest and disk diagnostics on the system, and found no problems with the hardware.

Then yesterday we got a call again: another door was stuck at green... as it turned out, the same one that wasn't accepting the caretaker's fob the first visit. Same thing: panel set to Unlocked, no sign of it being changed through software, nothing to indicate when it had actually become "stuck".

Just thinking about it now, I'm wondering if it might be a hardware issue at the control panels (which are in a different room from the backend PC), something causing the panels to unlock, which the software then just detects as the current status... really wishing they had internet set up in the room there so I could get remote access to monitor the system.

Something squiggly definitely going on, these problems can be a bear. You probably already know this but I would check a couple of things: history of problems with this controller, MOV's, Panel firmware, correct wiring and maybe physically dump the memory on the panel and restore.

GOOD LUCK

Thanks... so far I haven't had the chance to put a lot of time into this, and I still haven't got a reply from RBH themselves regarding software versions and update downloads. Their website doesn't have much in the way of actual support info, and they don't seem to have a direct support contact number or email. WTF?

If this continues to be a problem though, I suspect the property management will want to dig into it more deeply. We're also quoting on replacing a number of cameras that were stolen, and hopefully for a new DVR that can actually interface to the access system.

hi there, my name is alex, we have an rbh system but put it togheter for an automatic fence. it only has two hid readers but works fine for more than 400 hid cards. i dont know what is it in yours but sounds to me like a hardware problem. do you have the manual? i can scann it to you if dont.

What sort of ring would you like? Diamond, or maybe a birthstone? I can get lots of jade stuff around here.

I actually got in touch with their Western Canada rep, and it turns out he lives about 5 minutes from me. He seems to really know his stuff and offered to give me some hands-on training with the system. Also gave me a couple ideas on what might be going on with this system.

But if we still have issues, I'll be sure to give you a shout for that hook-up!

This is a old post but here goes, The software has the ability to grant a unlock/lock privilege to certain users. If a card or fob is presented to the reader 2 times it will lock/unlock the door till it is swiped 2 times again to change it back. In the records area of the software it will show if this has happened. If no log of this occurance shows up it is problably something else.

Rick