kofai

what's the Wiegand format?

Somebody can tell me how to understand the wiegand format?

As we know, we normally use the wiegand 26,but why to use the others wiegand format? Such wiegand 32/34/37 or date&clock?

Thanks for your making clear.

I may be wrong but I think it has to do with the cards. Cards come in different formats or is it the readers with those cards. I know our system works on 26 bit but if we use a different readers with the bar codes on them we change to 32 bit. I will get my books out tomorrow and have a better answer for you.

Weigand protocol allows for the transmitting of unique identifiers such as facility code, site code or employee number via binary to access controllers. Varying the length of the string allows for custom set up of these identifiers.

I may be wrong but I think it has to do with the cards. Cards come in different formats or is it the readers with those cards. I know our system works on 26 bit but if we use a different readers with the bar codes on them we change to 32 bit. I will get my books out tomorrow and have a better answer for you.

Look forward to your further answers.

Weigand protocol allows for the transmitting of unique identifiers such as facility code, site code or employee number via binary to access controllers. Varying the length of the string allows for custom set up of these identifiers.

Can you set up an example to explain those wiegand formart?

Thanks.

Can you set up an example to explain those wiegand formart?

Thanks.

Register free and take the first two courses on hidtraining.com

It is not JUST to transmit unique identifiers such as facility code, site code or employee number and ....

Main thing to secure any data from reader to panel

It is not JUST to transmit unique identifiers such as facility code, site code or employee number and ....

Main thing to secure any data from reader to panel

Hence the word ' Unique'

Hence the word ' Unique'

Dean, I did not mean to offend you

Alex, I'm a bit long in the tooth to be offended, just here to try and help mate and have a laugh.

In the words of our Lenel instructor today: Weigand is Weigand is Weigand. The only difference is how different card/Reader combos strip off parts of it and piece it back together.