pberlemont

intergration ADA and acs

Does any one have a desent wireing diagram on how to wire up a door operator to the ACS.

Inside Button needs to unlock and open door at all times.

Out side button needs to only work if door is unlockt or with a valid card read.

My problem is the buttons are wireles for inside and out side buttons and are on same freak.

and I may not be able to get anywire to door operator.

The other door I can get to the inside button only with wire, pretty sure i can manage that one,

with some rellays at the operator.

Thanks Paul

Your best approach might be to take apart one of the remotes, and wire the access control normally open output to the pushbutton switch contacts in the remote, and locate it somewhere close to the door operator.

If you wanted to get fancy, a lot of remotes use small 12 volt batteries, if yours does, you could use power from the ACS to power it, so you don't have to replace batteries periodically.

The ADA door operator buttons are wireless?

The two ways I deal with door operators are by using an optional board for access control a lot of door operators have, or by taking over control of the buttons (enabling/disabling the outside button with validation of a card read, and treating the inside one as a rex which drives a timer that unlocks the door then waits a few seconds and activates the ada). If you can't get signals from the wireless buttons though, an no inputs/outputs are provided by the ada controller, then I'm not sure what to do.

Need a specific make/model of the door operator to get an idea of whats going on.

It's been my experience calling tech support for the operator never helps either.