misterclick

Help with Eclipse ACC950 Card reader

Hello... I have a client that had installed an entry system that has only one door with one Eclipse ACC950 Card reader. The system has been working fine for about a couple of years. Once in a great while the card reader would lose the settings or not work, but the manager was instructed to reset the acc950 by pressing * 123456 # and then access the menu to reset it. There were only a couple of cards issued there is also a keyfob and everyone else was given a 4 digit pin. About a couple of weeks ago, the reader stopped receiving the pins, it is not that the pin was rejected, but people could NOT punch the pin. The reader beeps when the numbers are being punched, but now it only beeps once on the first number, and nothing happens. Both the cards and the keyfob stil work, so it is not a communication problem. however the log does not say anything when it fails to receive the pin.

The * 123456 # sequence does NOT work, since it would not take any digits. The eclipse distribuitor got called, and they sent someone out, and he had a brand new card reader with him. He could not reset the old one, so he installed the new one, and lo and behold it did NOT work either, same thing happened, so he left the old one, without charging the client, since he did not really fixed it. We are back to square one. If anyone knows how to either reset the reader, or tell me how to get it to work again, I will really apreciate it. Click.

If two readers wouldn't work, that'd make me think it's a ground issue or something with the power or one of the devices connected.

Try removing the reader, connecting 12vdc somewhere else, and seeing if it works then. If it works when connected to a new power source with no devices attached, then start looking at the rest of the installation for the prolem.

From your description, it should be the design problem of the reader inside, not related with power supply, not related with operation.

Such as circuit, MCU, memory chip, all could lead to the problem, if you have talked with manufacturer and they still can not solve your problem, then you should find another supplier who can handle this problem, besides replacing a reader is very easy and won't cost much.

Normally we recommend you buy access control system from professional manufacturer.

Update.... I went back to the Client to see if I could enable their reader or controller. It seems puzzling to me that even though the controller says: ECL-ACC1000, the model inside says 716. The software that was given to them has as the controller the 716, but the documentation (chinese translated, not easy to read) mentions only ECL-ACC1000. They got a hold of an updated software, and after installing it, they can't acess neither the controller nor the reader. Before, even though the reader did not work, they could remotely open the door, or schedule the door to open and close at a certain schedule. Before the software update, the ACC950 showed "RETURN" or "OVT F" if we press one of the lower keys: "*", "0" or "#" but does nothing else, even after the software update. I disconnected the ACC950 and connected it to a seperate voltage, and it does the same thing. I don't know if I need to desolder the battery to reset it or what?

Also the Server program and the client give "connection errors" how is this program get an IP address? does anyone know what is the default IP? do I select IP connection? or do I select "server" PC path? Any help would be appreciated. Click.

I believe the network they are referring to is a RS485 network so the unit should have an address not an IP

I believe the choices are: COM1, COM2, Com3....etc. TCP/IP, Address(?), and Server path.

Obviously it is not a COM port, so I don't chose those, but none of the other 3 options work.