Snoddyone

Northern N 1000 iv run light not on. And a c100a

Has anyone been able to reset and get the board running again? I have the green 485 light and the green "on" light and the 12v ok light. The card reader board has a green light that is flickering. But the run light is off. V8.07.01. Any help would be appreciated.

And I have a c100a that the first 2 lights(power and recieve) are coming on, but nothing on the 3rd and 4th (transmit). Has anyone solved this?

Thanks

You are not communicating with the panel or panels. How many panels are on this loop? Make sure you are feeding in and out of the panels correctly. The C100 uses a 20ma loop. It's critical that the loop feeds each panel correctly then returns back to the C100. If these pairs get crossed or the incoming and outgoing from each panel gets crossed, this is the result.

I actually have this set up on a test loop. One panel "northern 1000 ii" that communicates with a good c100. I have 2 more c 100's that are only giving me the first 2 lights.

Double check and make sure your outgoing from your first panel is the inocoming next and so on. Again, if these get switched, it will cause communication problems. Of course, there is always a possibility that one of the panels is bad causing this. You could aslo remove the loop from the first panel and twist the wires together and see if the second panel works. That might help isolate which panel might be bad.