Sign in to follow this  
ignacioxx1

keyscan trouble

i am working on a system 7 the panels are a 6000 and a 4000 in the 4000 model hooked up to a transcore i get a different card number then in the 6000 model also i had to open in the 4000 model all bit rates till 40 bit jumping only the 2nd pin this is the only way i could get the relay to open for that reader to release. how could i get the panel to read the cards the same. is it the bit rate of the trans core and if so please a little cheat sheet to guide me thanks in advance

just update to give results on this trouble for others the transcore unit was on the same power line as another unit. found out when the units where activated at same time the load on the line made voltage drop and unit did not work within the suggested power outline. and on one of the junction box; found wire that was unshielded. fixing these two problems made the differance. all works well.

I was going to suggest calling Keyscan, great tech support.

Also just for future reference, in keyscan panels, make sure you power up your netcom boards. They may light up without power, but they DO require power. Also a good tip is to swipe a card and the panel will actually flash the bit type, look in manual for that info where it describes which leds to look for, very helpful.