moe3615

Open Doors wirelessly

I have been installing the Rosslare door access control systems for several clients. One of them is looking to be able to open the doors wirelessly from her desk. Does anyone know of any systems I can integrate with this? There are 4 doors in the office at the moment.

If you're not familiar with rosslare, their system is very much like Honeywell so if it works with Honeywell is should work with rosslare as well.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

many of the bigger systems allow you to lock unlock doors from the admin software

If this is the case it might be easier to give them the software than try and figure out a wireless solution.

Why does it have to be wireless? How about a simple desk button? If the doors have accessibility buttons on them, just tie into those.

Thanks all for your reply's. Let me explain a bit more: There are cameras throughout the office that monitor the front and back doors. The receptionist is responsible for letting people in, this is among her many responsibilities. She can see who is at the front door from any location in the office and therefore is not stationed at a specific desk. I have recommended to them installing an exit button but they quickly refused that since she is almost never at her desk. Same with using the software to release doors, not an option for this office.

I thought of the wireless idea after I saw a device at another clients office that had this, I took a look at the device and can't find anything like it online. There was not a single word on the device that I can use to search it up online. Not a make, model, serial number... nothing. It basically had 4 inputs that connected to the panel via 18/2 cables. It also had a small antenna and plugged right into the wall. I've looked and looked and can't find anything. Maybe this is 'hack' and not really a system that's sold with Access control?

I tried calling the person who installed that system and he claims not to have installed the wireless part, no one knows who installs this which make my search for such a device even harder to find.

If anyone know of any such device I would appreciate immensely if they can share that with me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Does anyone know if something like this will work?

"Logisys RM04 12V 4-Channel Remote Control" I don't want to get spammed so if you go to amazon and do a search for this product its a basic 4 port wireless on and off.

Thanks

Just a thought.

If the door is NC and it's power to open. Then it might be simpler to get a bog standard basic wireless circuit board which has an auxiliary that fires whenever the remote button is pressed. You could then run the REX system independent of the main panel.

I have done wireless door releases and wireless panic alarms with Xbee-based wireless relay devices, tied into one of the many monitored inputs that every door access system tends to have. Those were all desk/counter/table mounted, so I'm not sure about a small portable one.

You need any remote that can activate a relay when pressed. Wire the relay to an input on the system which is programmed to release whatever door you need it to release, or tie the relay directly into the REX on the door if it has an input.

This will prevent any alarms from popping up on the SMS whenever the door is opened from the wireless device.

The receptionists phone system might even be cable of relay outputs on dialing an extension or something.