Sign in to follow this  
flatbedexpress

Gate access control...

Hi! I'll get straight to the point. Our thefts are increasing and I am looking at installing gates at our facilities. I currently use Geovision for our cameras and I would like to use them as well for the access control. Most likely I would use the GV-AS400.

Basically, I need a system that is compatible with geovision to open multiple long sliding gate by Wiegand on street side and most likely push button in our yard. The longest gate will be at 75 feet. Also, I would need a wireless setup so I can install remotes in all of our semi-trucks and be able to open them at least 300 yards away.

Can someone please point me in the right direction for this stuff?

If you're using access control cards, put a long range HID R90 card reader ( http://www.hidglobal.com/prod_detail.php?prod_id=74 ) on a pedestal ( http://www.talkaphone.com/product/etp-gp-c ), can mount a small camera in the pedestal too if you'd like. Connect it to whatever weigand interface unit geovision provides (have never looked at it), and the lock output for valid access will trigger the open gate input on the gate controller.

A gate contractor should provide an exit loop to automatically open the gate on the exit side, either that or they will provide an exit button.

As for wireless, not sure what to do there, any wireless module should with relay outputs should work to activate the gate though. I can't recommend specific products because I've never done it personally, but whoever installs the gate might already have a solution.