SUPERGAL

Sentient 250 GB DIGITAL WIRELESS DVR

Hi

This was working fine however in the last month it is now showing 'hard disk failed' appeared on the screen.

I have attempted the Menu, hard disc set, hdd format.

The model number is N11HU.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks

Supergal

When you see a 'hard disk failed' message the hard drive needs to be replaced. Right now it's probably not recording anything.

If it's still under warranty you can contact the place from where it was purchased. However, this might involve sending the unit out for repair and significant downtime.

A hard drive is not difficult to replace and is something you can do yourself. If you're not comfortable with that then maybe call a local cctv or computer professional who can replace the drive for you.

Because of the downtime that may be involved with sending the system out for repair I would spend the money to get the hard drive replaced locally.

Thank you very much for reply.

Where do I purchase this from and is this just a case of unplugging device taking the screws out and replacing disc.

Thanks

Supergal

A lot of hard drive manufacturers have a 5 year warranty on their products. Depending on the company, I'd buy a new one and then send the other one in for RMA. That way you have a back up on your new drive.

I've noticed that DVR HDDs have a higher fail rate than your usual hard drive failure rate. I'd assume it's from the high constant volume of read/writes. Backups are always a good idea and you may look into a RAID setup if you haven't yet.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, don't suppose either of you could email me the software from the disc? I have lost mine and with a new laptop can't install the system on there. Thanks

Hi all

Very obvious answer to those who are in the know but where do I buy a Sentient 250 hard drive, do they all look same ?

I did a search function online but just so unsure.

Obvious answers appreciated too

Thanks