arturorv00

Unlock DH8000 HiSharp

Hello,

I have some troubles with my DVR and just found this forum I hope you can help me.

Basically I have a DH8000 HiSharp but it seems that it has the keypad locked as I see a red lock icon at the screen.

I could unlock it if I hit the "lock' button on the remote control and entering the password.

But now I when I hit lock it does not do anything, I replaced the batteries and I got the same results.

Do you guys know if there is another way to unlock it?

As I cannot unlock it , I cannot use it, so I need to take some videos out and I could not.

I took the hard drive out and connected it to my pc and I was unable to see the hd. So it seems that it is in another format.

I need the videos because someone broke into my house and robs it, so thats why I need urgent the videos.

Thanks in advance.

thank you for the answer, but no, it is weird but when I press menu button it doesnt do nothing, in fact only the volume keys are working right now on DVR.

But if I change the source to AV I am able to see the menu. so that means the buttons are working good.

Then I'm stuck. Why not buy another identical one and insert the hd with the data on it? If the current one is dead you need one anyway. If you ever figure out the problem then sell the old one. That way you get your data soon and aren't out much money in the long run.

Because the dvr is working fine, I mean it records and I am able to watch the cams, but I cannot unlock it .

Do you know what is the OS of this DVR?

Is there any way to read the videos inside the hd with a pc?

I don't have that DVR and the documentation is rather poor but it doesn't look like the lock from the remote should prevent unlocking when using the buttons on the DVR itself. It says that the lock is to prevent unintended commands from other remotes from changing things on the DVR accidentally, plus of course the usual reasons people want their DVR locked. Can you imagine that locking it from the remote should prevent someone with the password from using it from the buttons on the DVR itself? I doubt it. It sounds like your DVR has possibly two problems- the lock from the remote AND a bad key panel on the front of the DVR, or possibly something wrong with the DVR that is causing both problems at the same time. This is just my guess though.

Whichever one is the problem, there is a good chance that sticking that HD in a new identical DVR will give you access to the videos on the HD. They are possibly in a special format that prevents viewing from anything but specialized software. Unless you have access to a good HiSharp dealer (which it sounds like you don't because you're asking on here), the cheapest easiest way to find something to read and export those videos is most likely another identical DVR.

Your DVR's lock function from the remote may also lock it completely and turn off the buttons you need for local access from the DVR itself, but I doubt it. That would be very dumb programming and a serious weakness in the DVR, IMHO.

Hmmmm very sad!

The problem is that Im in costa rica and if I buy this DVR it takes one month in arrive here from china it seems that the DVR is only sell there.

The front button are not broken because If I switch the source input they work good.

I ve already sent some mails to the customer support but they havent really helped

Then I'm out of ideas. It is even possible that my idea of buying another one might not work if the lock problem is saved to the HD. There's something that just doesn't seem right about it though. Hopefully either customer service or someone else on here can help more than I can.

Hey Arturo, did you solve your problem with the locked dvr?

I have a similar DVR and problem, it's a DH4000, but it's the same chassis, just with 4 channels.

Mine is locked too, but I have no remote, none of the panel buttons respond except for source, and then, when in AV mode, all buttons respond, but menu is in chinese and can't find a way to change language since all values on screen are numbers. When on DVR mode, the lock icon shows that I can't access anything from panel/mouse.

I can't find a replacement remote anywhere... maybe with it, I could do more. I wish I could borrow yours,..........

Here's the surprise: MAE. Yo también vivo en Costa Rica, en Tibás para ser exacto...!!!!, could we talk?

2241-2550 / 8801-2546

Thanks

no, I did not solve my problem actually the DVR was not mine and I think the owner discarded it.

I will send a SMS message maybe I can help you!

Pura vida!