Sign in to follow this  
ibrat82

Mag lock and strike standalone system?

Is it possible to install both a mag lock and electric strike onto 1 keypad? I have an iei keypad with 1500lbs strike and mag lock. I've installed them but my power supply seems to be overheating. I do have enough amps but I'm wondering if u have a 12v dc power supply how many volt do should my transformer be?

1. Yes it is possible

Can you PM me with your specifics? Would need transformer ratings for voltage and amperage. There are additional parts that need to be installed to make it work correctly. If you have photos of your connections that would help.

Check out your mag lock specks for what amp and voltage they reccommend altronix has a full line of power supplies for access. Remember the strike only needs a momentary power but the mag is drawing power all the time so you need a power supply designed to handle it.

Your best bet is to have two power supplies and a double pole relay. Let the two locks work independently from each other. You also should consider a fail safe strick meaning it's getting power to stay locked just like the mag lock and when you 'remove'power from it, it unlocks, the same as the mag lock. This way, they are both working the same and if there is loss of power, there is a safe way in or out.

You also should consider a fail safe strick meaning it's getting power to stay locked just like the mag lock and when you 'remove'power from it, it unlocks, the same as the mag lock. This way, they are both working the same and if there is loss of power, there is a safe way in or out.

(a little assuming here)

If he want's a strike and a Mag I would assume it's an exterior door. using both would allow it to remain secure in a power fail situation.

If the power was off you would simply turn the handle on the door and exit normally.

The IEI keypad should have a lock relay with a common, Normally open, and normally closed terminals.

If the maglock and strike will both work on the same power connect the Mag to the Normally closed and the strike to Normally open.

If you need separate power for both you can use the IEI strike relay to trigger a Altronix RBSN relay.

http://www.altronix.com/products/product.php?name=RBSN