Sign in to follow this  
NyCCTVTech

Need suggestions for a barn door

I have a client with a 10 foot Barn door that slides close . it has a door in the door with a sheerlock . my issue is they used a flush mount contact at the end of the door so when its closed the power transfer contact provides 24v to the lock. they used a cheap flush mount plastic contact ive never seen before and it has no name or markings on it. the contact melted from the amps.since we all know sheerlocks are thirsty . ive seen some stuff online but dont find power ratings. most stuff is for car doors. any help on suggestion of products i can use to fix this problem would be apprieciated.

Thanks

I am a bit confused by your description. Any chance you can draw this and post a picture? I would love to help, but right now I just cannot picture the issue.

I think he means that he has a man door with a maglock that is in the center of a large sliding barn door.

I think the best option for that would be to use a coiled cord to connect it. If the door travels 10 feet, putting it offset so it will travel 5 feet each way will let him use a fairly short cord.

I think the best option for that would be to use a coiled cord to connect it. If the door travels 10 feet, putting it offset so it will travel 5 feet each way will let him use a fairly short cord.

This ^^^