mstoetz1

Dahua NVR5416-16P NVR experiences.

I'm in the process of moving from an analogue Q-SEE DVR (QT series) to a new DAHUA NVR5416-16P NVR IP system.

I'm a bit disappointed in dealing with browser compatibility issues with the new Dahua.

I can't seem to get it working at all on the MAC browsers (safari/chrome or firefox).

For the last 3 or so years, I've been using Chrome seamlessly on my QSEE analogue system.

With other experiences, has anyone noted if Hikvision is more browser friendly?

I noticed that even on a PC with an i7 processor, premium video card, and 16GB memory can I get acceptable viewing of just 5 cameras.

If I try this on my 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, the system just slows to a stall even just viewing one camera.

Is this normal in viewing HD video that it load all resources down so hard to view even just a few channels?

So far I've only had success using IE and Chrome, Dahua is heavily tied into Active X controls so it makes macs a pain.

I know the latest version of Chrome works great with them on a PC, but in all honesty my opinion on Macs is derogatory at best so I am unsure of the ActiveX is still present in the Mac version of Chrome.

You will be happy with a Dahua NVR. There software works great with Chrome and IE (newest versions)

This will only work on a PC running Chrome not a Mac, correct?

You will be happy with a Dahua NVR. There software works great with Chrome and IE (newest versions)

This will only work on a PC running Chrome not a Mac, correct?

I think you had to add exceptions in chrome to get it working on the PC (to run plugins).. or at least I had to.

I haven't able to get it working on a mac with chrome, or any browser (unless you use parallels).

But what does work not bad, is SmartPSS on the mac.. if you can manage it crashing when you "Quit SmartPSS". (I'm running the latest mac os).

SmartPSS even will monitor both Hikvision and Dahua cameras... which surprised me.

What I didn't expect when moving to this NVR (in my experiences), and IP cameras, is you need a beefy PC to watch the cameras.

(even watching one camera directly (not using the nvr) on a core2duo uses most of the cpu).

My new Macbook i7/16gb even gets slow sometimes with just 4 or 5 cameras on it. I think I need to add a new PC laptop to my IP camera upgrade with a cost of 1K to 2k.

Anyways.. those are my experiences.