Sign in to follow this  
rfeyer

remote access to Hik 7616 NVR question

I have 9 cameras that are NOT plugged into the NVR directly, but rather are part of local LAN.

I have the Hik NVR configured so the cameras are acurately showing and recording - no issue there.

However, remotely, I can tie into the NVR and see the listing of cameras on the left menu, but none are active.

Do the cameras have to be directly connected to the NVR?

Also, home LAN is configured on 192.168.0...

The NVR is 192.168.254...

The NVR sp4 is 192.168.0.....

The cameras are all on 192.168.0....

I did port forward the NVR port

The Cameras do not have to be directly connected to the NVR. As long as they have been added to the NVR, it should all be fine. Also make sure your SubNet Mask is at 255.255.0.0 for the NVR and IP CAMS. Also if they all have different gateways, you could have issues with the NVR and IPC talking to each other, unless you have traffic opened 2way if you have all separate switches and all configured differently.

Can you please describe your layout, from modem to router to switch to cameras to NVRs etc..

Also you said that you can see Playback and Live Feeds from the NVR its self? but when you go to the Web interface you cannot see them? If so, then you have a web component issue. Either you need to upgrade your NVR FW or Your web component.

What is the Firmware on your NVR. Also why do you not just plug the IPC directly into the NVR? You know you can still access the cameras web interface even though they are connected direct.

TYVM for reply,

I have been trying for 1 yr to get it to work being connected directly and could not figure it out.

Then changed to using BI for remote/ web viewing but wish to use NVR.

So, I am at work and do not have specifics, but:

my submask of router and cameras and LAN is all 255.255.255.0

I have a DSL wireless Actiontec router, to which I have 4 different switches connected - 2 of them POE and 2 of them plain.

The 9 cameras are connected to the switches, then the NVR connects to one of the switches and pulls in the cameras from there.

Is this enough info for now?

Also, if I connect cameras directly to NVR, doesn;t the NVR automatically change their IP Address to Dynamic under it's own base submask?

Yes if you connect the cameras directly into the NVR, they will change, thats a better route. but if you have them connected on a separate switch, i would try to make the SubNet 255.255.0.0 on the NVR and Cameras just to try.

Also how are all these switches connected to each other. not having them connected together in the right layout could cause the NVR not to see the cameras and so on.

Specific details please on how the switches are connected.

thanks

The swtiches are connected via Ethernet cable to a common router/ WiFi under my home Network. I am not sure how else to explain the switch connection? The switch can not be accessed - i.e.: IP address I am sure is Dynamic.

If I change the Submask to 255.255.0.0, would that not take me off my home network since the Router is on 255.255.255.0? And, If that is the case, would that not stop the connectivity from outside (I.e.: Web)?

When I sign into the NVR from another house/ network, I can get the sign on completed, I can see the list of cameras, and, the cameras which are active at home have a different camera sign in the list (instead of gray it is colored which at home means they are active), but yet I can not get the video to show - even though all ActiveX and Java requirements have been met.

Also, I easily can see the cameras tying into BlueIris from outside (Web)

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to reduce the load of my PC and use the NVR primarily