dmxlight

DVR faulty - flashing firmware

Hello, I hope someone can help as I have not been able to find this subject in the forum search.

I have a CNM Primus 4 ch DVR, also branded as a Sentient and Kguard.

All was fine last time I checked, then the other day I was not able to get a network connection.

Put the monitor on and nothing, just a black screen.

Powered off and on, get coloured lines on the screen with the auto 800x600 resolution, then the resolution changes to 1024x768 and all goes black.

I swapped to a TV on the analog output and it does the same coloured lines then black.

Tried pulling the cmos battery, unplugging hard disc and other parts, still nothing, cpu heatsink still gets a bit warm.

I have seen this problem mentioned on two other forums but no one gave an answer.

I assume the embedded linux board is starting up but the cctv software has stopped working.

Is there a way reflash the embeded firmware?

or is it possible to solder on an rs232 header and connect to linux ?

Any other advice welcome.

The device i have is on the following link but is out of warranty http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/sentient-160gb-4-channel-cctv-kit-with-1-bullet-camera-n09kt

Many thanks in advance.

CNM are no longer in business and despite several of their staff still being prominent on the CCTV scene, there just aren't any firmware downloads available ( been there, done that, got the T-shirt) so unless someone has these archived FORGET THAT. Dump it in the nearest skip and buy a replacement.

From this guys perspective, I recommend that even if you don't need it now, download a firmware update just in case this happens to you later. You'd have to be very unlucky for it to happen again but who knows.

I placed an order with CNM and within an hour of placing my order it transpires, that the receivers marched in and took over their office and literally threw the guys out onto the street. Undeservedly I am sure.