HecBravo

DAHUA DVR: User "admin" locked by mistake

Hi everybody

I locked "admin" by mistake, I appreciate any help on this issue.

It is a DAHUA DH-DVR040HF-AS

thanks in advance

Edited by Guest

Well now I know that user unlock after some minutes (thanks), now the issue is that I cannot login using admin user. Let me tell you that I had a local support provider but no longer since last week, they helped me to configure DVR with DNS they create the host using a Dyndns but last week they removed the host and now I cannot enter using admin user to the DVR in order to change the host and all the configuration.

I tried to enter to Dahua Support but now they ask for some additional data, last month I sent a doubt (without additional data) and they answered but now it is not possible.

I saw that someone send the password that DAHUA give you based on the date.

I appreciate your help or any clue to solve this doubt...

Thanks tomcctv

Now problem is that I cannot login using admin user i missed password so I need help in order to find a way to reset the password on my Dahua DVR

any clue?

Thanks tomcctv

Now problem is that I cannot login using admin user i missed password so I need help in order to find a way to reset the password on my Dahua DVR

any clue?

Yes, the DVR will allow users to input ID and password to log in again after it was locked 20-30 minutes.. But your problem is you don't have password for ID admin any more, that's why I asked you to contact Dahua or their local dealer or your provider to reset the password.. Usually you have to provide the date information displayed on the DVR and they will give you a super password, then you can input to log in and then modify your own password.

Thanks tomcctv

any clue?

Yes, the DVR will allow users to input ID and password to log in again after it was locked 20-30 minutes.. But your problem is you don't have password for ID admin any more, that's why I asked you to contact Dahua or their local dealer or your provider to reset the password.. Usually you have to provide the date information displayed on the DVR and they will give you a super password, then you can input to log in and then modify your own password.

Well, my local support provider told me that I should try removing cell-battery in order to reset the DVR but It did not work and Dahua Online Support do not answer I tried to contact them by online support but no response.

Well, try using the "888888" user name locally, which has administrative privileges. If that doesn't work, and this point you need to find someone with the password generator, using the date. I don't have it, but I'm pretty sure someone else here does

Well, try using the "888888" user name locally, which has administrative privileges. If that doesn't work, and this point you need to find someone with the password generator, using the date. I don't have it, but I'm pretty sure someone else here does

Thank you, that is what I am looking for, someone how has the "password generator". I already tried removing the cell-battery and they tell that with date 2000-01-01 the "super password" is 000000 (login with admin user), but it did not work.

Really I appreciate your help....

Can you telnet into your DVR? If so, you can remove /mnt/mtd/Config/Account* and password will be gone

Can you telnet into your DVR? If so, you can remove /mnt/mtd/Config/Account* and password will be gone

Thanks dede

I tried to connect using telnet but I could not, I am not sure if I am using the correct IP address and port, if you could tell me some clues....

Check default IP in manual (should be 192.168.1.10 or 1.108 ). Or just use any IP scanner utility to find the address

Check default IP in manual (should be 192.168.1.10 or 1.108 ). Or just use any IP scanner utility to find the address

I used IP 192.168.1.108 (using an IP scanner), but I could not login. I am using puttytel. Also try with port 80, 37777, 23 and nothing happened.

Thanks

It doesnt sound right. Maybe your PC is in the different subnet? has to be the same 192.168.1.x

If you still cant login, then you will need USB-TTL cable and you will have to connect to DVR console and do the same steps as with telnet

It doesnt sound right. Maybe your PC is in the different subnet? has to be the same 192.168.1.x

If you still cant login, then you will need USB-TTL cable and you will have to connect to DVR console and do the same steps as with telnet

I will try tonight, I going to verify the subnet on my laptop...could you tell me what kind of cable because I know that there are many kinds....

thanks dede

Just any USB-TTL cable, you can search it on ebay or just use one from old mobile phone. But i encourage you to do it via telnet, cause serial console will require some special skills and knowledge and there's a risk to break your DVR

Just any USB-TTL cable, you can search it on ebay or just use one from old mobile phone. But i encourage you to do it via telnet, cause serial console will require some special skills and knowledge and there's a risk to break your DVR

dede...

I tried again, and noticed that DVR has IP 192.168.1.108 and my laptop is in subnet 192.168.15 I think that's why I cannot login via telnet, any clue to change something to use telnet?

thanks in advance

PS I'm doing my best

Well, so change subnet to 192.168.1.x on your laptop

I am a neophyte in these stuffs, so I appreciate some additional help how to change the subnet, I suppose that I need to change TCP/IP settings and add a new gateway 192.168.1.1 or something like that.

thanks...

Hi everybody

thanks in advance

Hi

here is today's one time password 597840 please PM me if you need another password, this will be used for the admin password

Regards

Hi everybody

thanks in advance

Hi

here is today's one time password 597840 please PM me if you need another password, this will be used for the admin password

Regards

Hi

I have the same problem with my DAHUA NVR4232, I changed the admin PW, since that I can't login, locked, the other PWs works ...

Please send me one time PW for admin.

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi everybody

thanks in advance

Hi

Regards

Hi

I have the same problem with my DAHUA NVR4232, I changed the admin PW, since that I can't login, locked, the other PWs works ...

Please send me one time PW for admin.

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi

Today's PW is 930440

Regards

Hi

Today's PW is 930440 Regards

Hi buddy, I have lost my admin password for DAHUA HCVR5432L, & all my accounts (888888, 666666 & admin) get locked. Please kindly help me to access in the admin account. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Thank you in Advance.....!!!

Hi

Today's PW is 930440 Regards

Hi buddy, I have lost my admin password for DAHUA HCVR5432L, & all my accounts (888888, 666666 & admin) get locked. Please kindly help me to access in the admin account. Your kind cooperation is highly appreciated. Thank you in Advance.....!!!

Hi

restart you dvr and use PW 399360 on your admin account, let me know if it works, its the one time PW for today 06/08/2015

Regards