Rlp

Clinton DVR file recovery

I have a client with an incendent and someone had formatted the drive. I have recovered the files but do not know what types they are as the all say Lost File. Some are listed as .jpg but do not open with anything I have. I have found out that one file is recognized with the SMS DVR Player software by adding an s to the beginning of the file name and .001 at the end. I am not sure how the OS structure works and Clinton techs are not sure what I need. Any help would be appreciated as well as our client that needs me to fix this problem.

Demo ET.zip

Shadow DVR's by Clinton that I have experience with, have their video files saved as .avi. Don't know if that is the case for you. The .jpg files that I have opened were screen shots. You might try .bmp. In the SMS/backup/Config files, that'd what they appear to be saved as.

I have not come up with a resolution as of yet. The actual DVR model is the Clinton Electronics Contender Series DVR. I seems that windows does not recognize the actual files and lists them as either FILE or a numbered file such as 01234, 01235, and so on. I believe they are supposed to be H.264 and if you can see the demo attachments I have posted it takes all there files to open up with there SMS software.

I appreciate all of your guys response. Thanks

I do have the HDD. But if I have to send it somewhere I am unable too, as I work for a secure company. I appreciate your response.

Sending HDD is not necessary. Need a small raw sample to identify the format and then it can be done remotely or even on the offline system in your company.