andyb2000

Web login problem Ganz C-MP DVR16

Unit: Ganz C-MP DVR16

Hi All,

I've recently had this installed along with a 10 camera system into a premises I help maintain, and now starting to mod the system to work how I wanted! I've got all the motion detection, etc sorted, and got it hooked up to the LAN, external access ok, except the web interface has a problem.

I connect to it no problem and get the login screen (A very generic 'Any time & Any where IP Surveillance New Generation ......Video Web Server' page)

I put in the username and password and get "The requested U R L was not found on this server" This is regardless of a valid or invalid password that I enter.

If I use the Video server E software to connect, it works fine.

So does anyone know how to solve this web login problem? I do know I've managed to login once to it and haven't managed to again, so I doubt the web firmware is corrupt.

Also, does anyone know what protocol the software uses to stream? As I'd like to use my own streaming software as I have done on other units, but haven't been able to determine how this one does it, so if anyone has any protocol or stream information I'd appreciate it!

Cheers in advance.

Andy

I don't have an answer, but it sounds like the same problem this guy is having:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=76521&highlight=#76521

What does your installer say? Have you power cycled the unit? In that Video Server E software have you tried making a new user? Maybe the new account can access the web server?

I don't know how much time you have invested in the configuration, but if it were me I would be thinking about defaulting the DVR and see if that clears the web server issue.

Thanks for the advice.

It's not a firewall problem, as same issue on the LAN (I'm an ISP engineer, so have experience with LAN and firewalls/nat/pat setups).

I have created another user and same issue no matter which user I use on the web interface. It's also the same if i use a made up username and password, same error.

I'm going to try a power cycle tonight hopefully and see if it lets me log back into the unit via the web interface as I have seen another post that seemed to have this issue if you hadn't clicked Logout from the previous user, however via the application it only shows me logged in via the application, no other users.

If that's the case, how can I safeguard against people not pressing Logout, as this will be given to 2 other users who are very tech-unsavvy and will probably cause this problem!

Oh and yep, it certains looks like an AVTech DVR from all the comparison and tech documents I'm reading.

FYI: cbceurope.co.uk/CCTV/ganz/details.php?pid=312 has the documentation/product sheets

Thanks for the advice.

I'm going to try a power cycle tonight hopefully and see if it lets me log back into the unit via the web interface as I have seen another post that seemed to have this issue if you hadn't clicked Logout from the previous user, however via the application it only shows me logged in via the application, no other users.

If that's the case, how can I safeguard against people not pressing Logout, as this will be given to 2 other users who are very tech-unsavvy and will probably cause this problem!

Please let us know how the power cycle goes.

As far as requiring a user to press logout... You probably need to work on your own software solution as you mentioned in your previous post. There is a member here named rory that has worked on remote monitor software. Maybe he will post something on the subject.

It might make more sense to require users to use the Video Server E software? The issue seems confined to IE.

Oh and yep, it certains looks like an AVTech DVR from all the comparison and tech documents I'm reading.

FYI: cbceurope.co.uk/CCTV/ganz/details.php?pid=312 has the documentation/product sheets

Yep, looks like your DVR was OEM'd from AVTech. Pretty common in this industry. I haven't played with the 16 channel, but I have a 4 channel running the same software. It is considered an entry level DVR. You may want to keep that in mind before you spend a bunch of time working on your own software.

Being a computer guy your time might be better spent upgrading to a mid range PC based system. Do some research; I think you will find the PC based units have better web browser support.

I'll let you know what happens after the reboot.

And yes, thats exactly it, I'd rather people used a basic front-end/grabber to view the images rather than what seems to be the flakey web interface, or the rather complex-looking windows application.

Also, yep I agree its an entry-level unit, I've built many of my own systems in the past (linux coder), but in this case they had to purchase a 'known-device' from a 'known security supplier' to qualify for a grant, so my home-brew hardware/software combination was out of the window, and this is what they were supplied with, so I'm stuck with it unfortunately.

I'm curious too, has anyone blown custom fimware on these things, or tinkered in that way, or am I heading down a path nobody round here tends to step down? (reason I ask is I fiddle about with hardware and firmwares for the linksys wrtg-54g and buffalo linkstations, etc, so not afraid of creaking it open and playing around if its got j-tag or similar).

Cheers!

Andy

Hi, the webbased viewer itself its Java based, no ActiveX or what not, nothing useful anyway, so basically you would need to first disassemble their Java applets etc, and second, would need to know Java .. I looked at it before but due to not knowing Java and then the low quality of the video, I ran away fast

No idea about the firmware though.

In the end though, time could be much better spent tinkering with another device

Hi, the webbased viewer itself its Java based, no ActiveX or what not, nothing useful anyway, so basically you would need to first disassemble their Java applets etc, and second, would need to know Java .. I looked at it before but due to not knowing Java and then the low quality of the video, I ran away fast

No idea about the firmware though.

In the end though, time could be much better spent tinkering with another device

Totall agree. Time is better spend tinkering with other devices. This devices' sold solely on low pricing.

Hi all,

bit of good news. I'd not managed to get along and reboot the unit, but managed to have a chat with the installer of the system.

He did some digging via his supplier and found the problem, it was in how we accessed the external u r l for the device.

Externally, i'd setup a dns hostname/subdomain for the unit. e.g. theoffice.companyname.co.uk:2211

Well apparently these units don't like you using hostnames, so changing that to the ip address. e.g.

11.22.33.44:2211

and it works flawlessly! So there you go

Only one more problem to resolve now, and thats how to playback motion events using the remote application, as for some reason all I get is a blank screen, even though the clock shows that its playing back events and i can pause/forward, etc, just blank screens.

Hi Andy,

I work in Tech support at CBC who are the manufacturers and distributors of Ganz and Computar products and I have come across this problem before.

The web viewer and 'Video server E' both use Java and 'Active X plug-ins' in order to display the streaming video and the problem you've described I have come across before and this was the cause:

When you type your DVRs IP address into a web browser, you are presented with a log in page which is HTML based and you then enter your username and password. Normally, because of a persons Active X settings in internet explorer, you get a yellow bar across the top of IE asking if you wish to install and run the Active X. If you say yes to this, it installs and runs, no problem. If you say no to this at any stage, your PC caches this response and doesn't ask you again. So the next time you try to log in, the PC remembers that you refused the ActiveX download and that you don't want to run the ActiveX from the DVR and throws up the 'page not found' message.

So in order to view the DVR in the web browser, please do the following, (and if I'm teaching to suck eggs or seem patronising in my explanation in any way, I honestly don't mean to be, sorry, just trying to be thorough! )

Install the latest version of Java.

Delete your internet explorer temp files.

From within IE, go to TOOLS, INTERNET OPTIONS, SECURITY, CUSTOM LEVEL and then either 'enable' or 'prompt' for the downloading, installing and running of ActiveX controls. Personally I 'prompt' for anything to be downloaded and installed and just 'enable' everything else. That way, and in my view, if I have allowed a download and install when prompted, I've already given permission for it to run and don't wish to be asked every time to run it. However, each to their own and the way you configure this is up to you, but an ActiveX plug-in MUST be downloaded and allowed to run in order to connect to the DVR. I believe it is an unsigned ActiveX plug-in.......But you can trust it, honest!

Let me know how oyu get on,

Cheers,

Mark.

The older model, those simplex machine, the mpeg2 one, uses activex.

The newer one, AVC-760, etc, uses JAVA.

Hi Daryl,

I don't know about the older, simplex MPEG2 machine or the new AVC-760 as neither of these CBC sell. The ones we sell as the C-MPDVR, which is a GANZ part code and a pentaplex MPEG4 DVR, is the one the original poster is having trouble with. This one certainly does use both JAVA and ActiveX. I have a fair bit of experience with these machines as I have to give tech support for them and often people don't have permissions or the correct settings to use ActiveX plug-ins and this sometimes leads to the problem described.

Hi I'm having a similar problem with the original poster. But the unit is AVtech AVC760.

I can access thru video server e, but recently I'm not able to access from any browsers (Ie6, Ie7, firefox). I have done most of the suggested advise but so far none of them have succeed:

- I'm using the IP address to call from the browser as in the software, and not using DNS hostname

- I have done power cycling the DVR

- I have clear the cache, temp internet files, and history from all browsers

- I have added the DVR IP into trusted site, and enable all the active-x download/install

The funnier thing is, just about a week ago I managed to access from web browser. It just stopped working since couple days ago.

I really need help because I have promised a client to broadcast the CCTV next week. On a first trial we managed to access using IE, that's why I have the guts to promise our client it can be done.

So how you solved your problem? I have the same problem now with GANZ C-MPDVR-08 and I can't to connect it via LAN.

Unit: Ganz C-MP DVR16

Hi All,

I've recently had this installed along with a 10 camera system into a premises I help maintain, and now starting to mod the system to work how I wanted! I've got all the motion detection, etc sorted, and got it hooked up to the LAN, external access ok, except the web interface has a problem.

I connect to it no problem and get the login screen (A very generic 'Any time & Any where IP Surveillance New Generation ......Video Web Server' page)

I put in the username and password and get "The requested U R L was not found on this server" This is regardless of a valid or invalid password that I enter.

If I use the Video server E software to connect, it works fine.

So does anyone know how to solve this web login problem? I do know I've managed to login once to it and haven't managed to again, so I doubt the web firmware is corrupt.

Also, does anyone know what protocol the software uses to stream? As I'd like to use my own streaming software as I have done on other units, but haven't been able to determine how this one does it, so if anyone has any protocol or stream information I'd appreciate it!

Cheers in advance.

Andy