EOC_Jason

SECUPOINTER-C08 Max Hard Drive Size?

This is an old DVR that goes by quite a few names, SECUPOINTER / ORBIX / ARGUS are just a few. The manual is very generic in the name, the only thing it says at the bottom for a company is "All About Image Recognition & Processing".

I tried looking on the secupointer website but it is very sparse and mostly in non-english.

My question is, does anyone know what the max IDE hard drive capacity it will accept? I currently have a pair of old 160GB drives in the unit, I tried to install a 500GB WD but it would not recognize it. I'm hoping maybe it would at least support a pair of 320GB drives?

The manual says any EIDE hard drive, but that is obviously not the case.

I've notice some issues when using new and bigger hard drives on older equipment... usually it's a firmware problem within dvrs, because they don't 'know' how to use biger 16mb cashe instead of older 8mb ( even if it seems quite bizzare)... try to locate new firmware for DVR or you'll have to locate older hard drives...

Thanks for the tip! I didn't think about the cache size having an effect on recognition!

I'll see if I can find me some 400-500GB with only 8MB and see how that fairs. It's an older DVR but it works for our needs and has a simple interface.

Okay, I tried one of the WD AV 500GB models, it detected the drive, sort-of. It showed some crazy high capacity, and after a minute or two it said it was recording but then the system would freeze. For all practical purposes it does not work.

I guess now maybe try something in the 300-400GB range. *sigh*

Thanks for the help and suggestions though.

This is an old DVR that goes by quite a few names, SECUPOINTER / ORBIX / ARGUS are just a few. The manual is very generic in the name, the only thing it says at the bottom for a company is "All About Image Recognition & Processing".

I tried looking on the secupointer website but it is very sparse and mostly in non-english.

My question is, does anyone know what the max IDE hard drive capacity it will accept? I currently have a pair of old 160GB drives in the unit, I tried to install a 500GB WD but it would not recognize it. I'm hoping maybe it would at least support a pair of 320GB drives?

The manual says any EIDE hard drive, but that is obviously not the case.

Hi Guys! I desperately need a help from a pro... I obviously got that same machine which I managed to get up and running, installed new HDD etc. I am looking for a compatible viewer or client software for it. My Device is a 8ch h.264, frontpanel says "A-tech" Standalone digital video recorder.

It responds to pings, but no matter what software I try it will not show me any cam or allow me control. Unfortunately Google was not helpful for me, even after several days of research. (Ok, that device seems to be kind of old)

Thanks to everyone for any hint in the right direction!

Olaf.