akajadawson

Gen IV DVR password reset

I have DVR that I cannot reset the password to get into system menu. The model number says 4ch standalone dvr. The printed circuit board says DVR4A - Ver 2.3. any help would be greatly appreciated. I have know idea who to contact as there is no manufacturer on the unit just made in Korea. I belive it is a 2005 model as that is on the circuit board as well. There is a jumper labelled CN18

DSC00084.JPG.a0b9717ecc1f32adfb48810fdd757102.JPG

hi

On my DVR is written DVR4A-V1.9, the default password is "1". If you have the software please Put her. I have to pull out of the movies and I'm no software.

04012010(001).jpg.82cdd54893b400a4ff7cce24cde22147.jpg

04012010.jpg.58c238285c9a3bd83e64d6aefd7c0228.jpg

I have tried the "1" it takes you into a user mode and can not change anything. I need to get into the network settings so I can put it on my network. I was hoping for reset to default via the board somehow. I have no software.

I only have 4 channels so only 1,2,3,4 buttons. I was hoping there was a way of resetting via the circuit board. I have tried every combination from one character to four characters none have worked so far. It will accept up to eight characters though.

Does anyone know where I could go to get an answer?

Thanks, I will try that.

I will have to call as their online help form seems to be down.

Thanks again. I will post if they are of any help.

Also, try all the common passwords, 1111, 1234, 5678, 1122, 0000, etc.

Some boards have batteries which can be removed for 3 days to reset the onboard memory.

Also some require taking the battery out and reversing the polarity for a few seconds to reset (motherboards warn this can cause battery explosion though so dont try unless it says so).

And then if you can access it via the network or USB to flash the firmware, that could also clear the passwords. (must be correct firmware)

Otherwise might have to wait to hear back from the manufacturer, they may have a hidden password.

dc210 - you really should call, it's usually different for every model. most of the dvr's I've had don't even have the option for a default password, you have to telnet into them and send the code it gives you to the manufacturer

hi

i have the same problem but the dvr is unknown in web,

I cant reset the password

it is AS-DVR004A (4 channels)

I tried formating the Hard Drive and tried resting memory by removing the battery, but no way,

please help ,

Untitled.jpg.6decd9fccdfd2fa39e8d4e91be0d9491.jpg

990190580_29012014292-Copy.jpg.bed73a059fe46188c90951a5d66dd891.jpg

after a very long search GM8283 windows GUI master password is - 222222222222(12times) user - Admin