src

AVTech KPD674 hardware reset ?

I thought I would be smart and try and change the admin password/code from the default 0000 to nothing. Bad mistake, Now I cannot logon.

I have searched the FAQ's and scorpiontheater.com site for reset info on the KPD674 but there is nothing out there. Anyone know the jumper on motherboard for this model so that I can perform a hardware reset ?

TIA

kpd672

Hello.

My goal is to help as much as I can. My posts are based on older equipment where there appears to be less "tech support" from dealers, vendors, and online Etailers. Yours is a brand new machine, and you should have full techsupport from where you purchased it.

I would say that the chassis is going to be similiar to the legacy equipment.

Try the KPD672. Does this match you mainboard? Try cpd 501, or 502.

One of them is going to match. It appears from some pics that were sent to me that it has a same power supply as the legacy equipment, and has similiar chipsets. I would imagine you will find the KPD672 to be a close match otherwise you will have the JP2 jumper pins that you would short.

Can you take a pic of your mainboard?

Find the attachment the hardware reset instructions of your DVR. It will reset your password back to “0000”. Please only do it if you are sure about this.

STEP1:Remove the DVR cover and find the chip resistor to reset the hardware

STPP2:The chip resistor is located on TP5/TP6, as indicated below:

STEP3:Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) as indicated below, and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots.

KPD674_Hardware_Reset.thumb.jpg.ea36720acf97dce6b7c9a7a8af86a94a.jpg

this actually works I bought this DVR this week , I also thought id try to be smart and change password but it locked me out completely. was bricking myself (owner wanted to change channels i said i didnt know password)

so i looked on here and lo and behold someone else had the exact same problem.

did the hardware reset today and all is ok!!

thanks very much fellas.!!!

Wow thanks all, I emailed my supplier of my DVR earlier today and they helpfully provided the PDF on the Hardware Reset and a Firmware update for KPD674 before I seen all your replies. Did the Hardware reset successfully and above info from cctv-lad is exactly the instructions that I performed.

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz neeed help urgently!!!! i have just reset my dvr (kpd 674), when i reboot it, it screens (h.264 system initial) i'm confused and do not what to do!!!!! plzzz help..... i try to upgrad it via usb... but no results... there is no menu, nothing exept that message in the screen!!!!! how can i repare it????? can any body helps me???

Having installed the firmware KPD674B_1013.zip for my KPD674B-C (Maplin code N08JU DVR), the DVR failed to boot with the error 'H.264 System Initial'. As a result, I followed the below referenced instructions and reset my firmware with the image from KPD674B_1014.zip. I'm now successfully operating firmware version 1014-1003-1008-1003. Thanks to CCTV-MAN for your assistance on this...

Note: Although the pictures showing the location of TP5 and TP6 differed to my circuit layout, they were both just to the left of the SATA lead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP3:Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) as indicated below, and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots

anybody know how to reset dvr kpd674....

if i start to dvr...my dvr show in my television is " system intializing "....can't in to menu....

please help me....

thank you...

have anyone got a solutions on this problem ?

My KPD674 do not boot up anymore?

hi flyby. can you give more info ....... did your unit just stop working or have you tried doing a firmware and now have boot problems.

first test with avtech is to remove hard drive and mouse then see if it reboots.

hi flyby. can you give more info ....... did your unit just stop working or have you tried doing a firmware and now have boot problems.

first test with avtech is to remove hard drive and mouse then see if it reboots.

Hi,

I try to make a firmware upgrade true the webpanel. It looked so eazy..

I´v remove the HD, mouse, and everything else, but It stille only say "system initial"

thanks

will this work ?

STEP3:Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) as indicated below, and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots.

yes you can give it a go. but still not 100% fix it depends on the firmware you tried to load. the wrong region could wipe your units software.

195493_1.jpg

yes you can give it a go. but still not 100% fix it depends on the firmware you tried to load. the wrong region could wipe your units software.

I used Firmware v.1017

My circuit board do not look like this.

Edited by Guest

hi. then you dont have the 674B ..... can you post a picture of your board

I used Firmware v.1017

dvrw.jpg.3cbfccf06c9f5cb4037291faf6ce71d8.jpg

hi. then you dont have the 674B ..... can you post a picture of your board

I used Firmware v.1017

Any help

Hi guys, I have a slightly different problem with GM8182T No Name H.264 DVR unit off eBay, I installed all the cameras and set it up and as it got dark outside I noticed the video (nite vision) wasn't all that so I decided to go into the main menu and check the settings to see if there was anything there that I might be able to improve the quality with, in Display I checked the resolution, there were two options and thought I would try the second option and change it back if nothing altered.

I hit save the box beeped the screen flashed off and on, nothing had changed the quality hadn't changed however the curser had gone, without a curser I cant get into the menu to change it back or for that matter check recordings or anything else, I powered off and back on, still the same, opened the box removed the battery to reset the CMOS, still the same.

Does anyone have a clue how to reset these things to factory default or re installing the firmware without going through the menu

DVR.jpg.5ce07099d3cfffca497aa9b88af10982.jpg

Find the attachment the hardware reset instructions of your DVR. It will reset your password back to “0000”. Please only do it if you are sure about this.

[attachment=0]KPD674_Hardware_Reset.jpg[/attachment]

thankyou master... you is the best.. thankyou verry much..

Hello has all I have a DVR CPD501 and I have a problem, I wanted to make a putting that this has in the daytime and failed.

My device ignites and I do not have more than a black screen how then I to make to put back(to hand) him(it) in service(department)?

Thank you has all for your help(assistant)

Having installed the firmware KPD674B_1013.zip for my KPD674B-C (Maplin code N08JU DVR), the DVR failed to boot with the error 'H.264 System Initial'. As a result, I followed the below referenced instructions and reset my firmware with the image from KPD674B_1014.zip. I'm now successfully operating firmware version 1014-1003-1008-1003. Thanks to CCTV-MAN for your assistance on this...

Note: Although the pictures showing the location of TP5 and TP6 differed to my circuit layout, they were both just to the left of the SATA lead.

STEP3:Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) as indicated below, and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots

I tried the reset procedure, I unplugged the unit make the contact TP6 and TP5 plunged it back in and the machine said "initialize set up" and then i get to the keypad enter "0000" and says "warning password error" what am i doing wrong?

DVR

This worked to reset my KPD675H DVR, too.

I am donating my old system to Goodwill and I removed all User names including what was originally setup as admin. No user names locks up the system when you try to access the menus.

This reset procedure sets up the DVR like day one. Clears all users and camera titles. I was able to wipe the hard drive so someone will be getting a like new system.

Thanks for your great instructions.

Will the factory reset for the KPD674 work for the KPD675C-C ? I have found the Tp5 and tp6 points. right next to the sata port.

IMG_20160909_124831.thumb.jpg.f9be20089cd3cf9afcf03a0a45390e45.jpg

Does this delete the video stored on the DVR or just enable you to login with default password / set a new one up ?

Is there any way to change the pin if you have web access, i can login to the web portal its just the stand alone pin i need to reset /change ?

Thanks Alex