B3RTCCTVFORUM

Remote View with Windows7 and IE8

Hello friends.

I have problem accessing my DVR remotely using Windows7 and IE8 where accesing my DVR using Windows XP and IE8 there is no problem at all.

Using Windows7 and IE8 can access to the DVR application, but there no picture display.

I already activated all the active X same as in Windows XP.

Can anyone please... help me with this issue?

I had try to change all the configuration in the Windows7 related to the IE8 but no result.

May be there is some configuration in the Windows7 I need to set to enable the display of the picture?

I had attach the printscreen of the Remote DVR display as well.

B.R,

Robert

1711572311_Net-viewerProblem1.thumb.png.60ae14cb0b102d3aa02cca02a51362ac.png

I have no clue what the problem may be.

Are you Admin user, or do you have another user account?

If yes then go to the bottom IE icon and right click the IE icon. You will see another IE icon. Right click again on the IE icon and click run as administrator.

I dont use it often but I believe IE8 has an XP Compatibility mode? Maybe try that.

Also check your security settings, admin user rights, and lastly you could download the cab file or OCX and manually install it on the computer.

MindTwist.

What DVR is that? I have had no problems using a DVR that has a WebGUI like that one on Win7 and IE8, it worked great. The program it installed for me on IE8 was something like "DvxOcx.cab" from "shenzhen GIEC electronics co, ltd".

http://www.twistedtienda.com/grabador-sky-8008v-capturas-webgui-a-61.html

Yes MindTwist, we have the same program.

is your Win7 and IE8 is a fresh installed program or you did have update the Win7 or IE8?

I dont use it often but I believe IE8 has an XP Compatibility mode? Maybe try that.

Also check your security settings, admin user rights, and lastly you could download the cab file or OCX and manually install it on the computer.

I had try that

I have no clue what the problem may be.

Are you Admin user, or do you have another user account?

If yes then go to the bottom IE icon and right click the IE icon. You will see another IE icon. Right click again on the IE icon and click run as administrator.

Yes I am admin user.

I had try run as adminsitrator as well

is your Win7 and IE8 is a fresh installed program or you did have update the Win7 or IE8?

All my tests are always done on a clean SO install with all the updates, both on XP and Win7 (we do not use Vista). That is, no extra programs, just Win7 installation with all the patches.

Test systems have just some basic non intrusive programs, like image capture program, Acrobat Reader, Firefox, and little else... We clone/restore/ghost on every tests we have to do, so the machine is always clean before trying any new equipment.

MindTwist

Great and excellant ideas! I second those procedures!

I wish the "average" person coming to this forum could perform those procedures, but I would be afraid of those who reformat, and then they would not have the drivers they need.

I fear they would not back up their data, and lose all of the pics, and doc ect.

The fun part is explaining to those with Win 7 Pro with the XP downgrade. That gets fun fast!

Maybe we should do a sticky on how to do back up, and how to load drivers?

I always use "old" computers for testing. Right now my two test computers are Athlon XP 2600 with 512Mb RAM and nVidia 6600GT AGP video card, and Athlon64 3000 with 1Gb RAM and nVidia 7600GT PCIE video card. They are computers that nowadays I only used them for tests, doing videos, guides, testing DVR PCI cards, etc. I also have a couple Athlon XP 1700 with 512Mb and Geforce4MX video card, but they hardly get any use any more.

I have about 6-7 hard drives for tests, anywhere from 40Gb to 320Gb. More than enough for what I need. XP2600 I only use it with Windows XP, Athlon64 I have two different hard drivers, one with Windows XP and another one with Windows 7.

All my main SO hard disks always have 3 partitions; C: just for operating system, D: for desktop, screen and video captures, ghost images, softwares, etc, and E: is just a temp partition for any DVR program that requires a complete hard drive/partition for its recordings.

Anything I need to test, it always gets done on a clean install, either Windows XP or Windows 7. I boot with a pendrive, I restore the C: partition to a clean state (Windows XP or Windows 7 with the latest patches, drivers, and the basic software), and then do any tests I have to do. This way I know I will have no conflicting drivers, and that the tests will always be done under the same conditions.

I also keep images of the SO installed with drivers and software for a given DVR PCI card. In this way, if I have the need to test any DVR card (either a client wants to see it working, wants to check out the software, it has been returned as non working and needs to bne tried, etc) I just need to plug the card, restore the C: partition with the correct image, and I am ready to go in a few minutes!

Awesome!

If a customer has a hard drive crash and burn you can get them going in 5 seconds flat! OK maybe 10 seconds! LOL!

I am still using the TRS 80, and the commodore 64. Should I update???

All my tests are always done on a clean SO install with all the updates, both on XP and Win7 (we do not use Vista). That is, no extra programs, just Win7 installation with all the patches.

Test systems have just some basic non intrusive programs, like image capture program, Acrobat Reader, Firefox, and little else... We clone/restore/ghost on every tests we have to do, so the machine is always clean before trying any new equipment.

Then we are in the same condition.

Today, I try to load the netviewer application, but during installation the system unable to register the DLL/OCX:RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0xC0000005.

in DvrOcx.ocx folder.

I beleived this file caused the images not display in the program.

Do u have any idea to overcome this problem?

I always use "old" computers for testing. Right now my two test computers are Athlon XP 2600 with 512Mb RAM and nVidia 6600GT AGP video card, and Athlon64 3000 with 1Gb RAM and nVidia 7600GT PCIE video card. They are computers that nowadays I only used them for tests, doing videos, guides, testing DVR PCI cards, etc. I also have a couple Athlon XP 1700 with 512Mb and Geforce4MX video card, but they hardly get any use any more.

Those are newer then my main PC .. you dont want to sell hey?

Im mostly using my old 600mhz celeron netbook now ... for development.

That way, when it runs on anything faster, it will be, much faster!

I have about 6-7 hard drives for tests, anywhere from 40Gb to 320Gb. More than enough for what I need. XP2600 I only use it with Windows XP, Athlon64 I have two different hard drivers, one with Windows XP and another one with Windows 7.

All my main SO hard disks always have 3 partitions; C: just for operating system, D: for desktop, screen and video captures, ghost images, softwares, etc, and E: is just a temp partition for any DVR program that requires a complete hard drive/partition for its recordings.

Anything I need to test, it always gets done on a clean install, either Windows XP or Windows 7. I boot with a pendrive, I restore the C: partition to a clean state (Windows XP or Windows 7 with the latest patches, drivers, and the basic software), and then do any tests I have to do. This way I know I will have no conflicting drivers, and that the tests will always be done under the same conditions.

For much of that, a Virtual PC might be better, quicker and alot easier.

For the occasional test I use other PCs myself, but for every day, sometimes every hour testing, have to do it in a Virtual PC.

Today, I try to load the netviewer application, but during installation the system unable to register the DLL/OCX:RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0xC0000005.

in DvrOcx.ocx folder.

No clue, sorry. Everything went smooth on the first try with Win7/IE8, I didn't have to do anything out of the ordinary to make it work.

For much of that, a Virtual PC might be better, quicker and alot easier.

For the occasional test I use other PCs myself, but for every day, sometimes every hour testing, have to do it in a Virtual PC.

I use VMware daily, but for other matters, mainly programming, and I do have two debian servers running non stop on a Windows server. I never thought it would be a good idea to try hardware/drivers under a virtual machine...

I use VMware daily, but for other matters, mainly programming, and I do have two debian servers running non stop on a Windows server. I never thought it would be a good idea to try hardware/drivers under a virtual machine...

You did say "Anything I need to test", so not necessarily testing DVR cards and Drivers, but perhaps remote video as mentioned by the OP, basically anything software related. And its not that testing hardware and drivers in a virtual machine is a bad idea, just that it doesnt work

in DvrOcx.ocx folder.

that's program compatibility issue, not handyman thing. u should go to your supplier for this.

Dear Forum.

After running several test, the problem is not with the Windows but the CPU.

Using a non server CPU type accesing the DVR remotely will not have any problem at all.

But using a server cpu type (a branded server IBM or build up server with Intel board) accesing the DVR remotely will not display the image as in my first attachment.

I am suspecting because of server is running in X64 bit.

Is any body have a clue about this?

B.R,

Robert

Hi Robert,

My tests on Windows7 are also done with the 64bit version, and it did work ok with me.

Also; with Win7 64 bits, you have good old IE8, and also IE8 64 bits (you actually have 2 different shortcuts on the start menu, and the most used and default one is the old trusty 32 bit version. You could have problems using IE8 64 bit, but when using IE8 32 bit, I would say the results should be the same as if using Windows 7 32 bit.

No clue on where the problems might be coming from, but I do not think the issue is running Win7 64 bit. Graphic drivers maybe...?

Hi Robert,

My tests on Windows7 are also done with the 64bit version, and it did work ok with me.

Also; with Win7 64 bits, you have good old IE8, and also IE8 64 bits (you actually have 2 different shortcuts on the start menu, and the most used and default one is the old trusty 32 bit version. You could have problems using IE8 64 bit, but when using IE8 32 bit, I would say the results should be the same as if using Windows 7 32 bit.

No clue on where the problems might be coming from, but I do not think the issue is running Win7 64 bit. Graphic drivers maybe...?

Thanks Mind twist.

But my case is I am installing 32 bits Windows7 and 2003 server in 64 bits machine.

Have u try this before?

For the graphic card, it is install properly. ATI ES1000.

You could have problems using IE8 64 bit, but when using IE8 32 bit, I would say the results should be the same as if using Windows 7 32 bit.

Unless the ActiveX is looking for the normal Program Files folder but in 64 bit it would be X86 or something right?

Thanks Mind twist.

But my case is I am installing 32 bits Windows7 and 2003 server in 64 bits machine.

Have u try this before?

the hardware does not matter, 64 bit has been around for years and we have used XP 32 bit on it many times.

Thanks Mind twist.

Have u try this before?

Never used 2003 server before, can't help there.

Unless the ActiveX is looking for the normal Program Files folder but in 64 bit it would be X86 or something right?

I don't think that should be a problem. \Program Files folder is for 64bit apps, Program Files (x86) is for 32 bit. But Windows should redirect any queries to those directories as needed, in fact on non english Win7s, if I browse my C: I see the directory as "Archivos de programa (x86)", when it's real name is "Program Files (x86)".

Also, I think programs like ActiveX, OCX, and so on do not install themselves on IE folder, but somewhere on the Windows installation (C:\Windows\System32\ or whatever)

I don't think that should be a problem. \Program Files folder is for 64bit apps, Program Files (x86) is for 32 bit. But Windows should redirect any queries to those directories as needed, in fact on non english Win7s, if I browse my C: I see the directory as "Archivos de programa (x86)", when it's real name is "Program Files (x86)".

Also, I think programs like ActiveX, OCX, and so on do not install themselves on IE folder, but somewhere on the Windows installation (C:\Windows\System32\ or whatever)

Yeah Ive had that problem before with coding, on the 64 bit system it errors trying to find the program path, not sure if it was a permission issue or not, but I dont use any 64 bit OS so didnt go any further with it. But it could have been a documents path issue also. There were alot of problems with paths and permissions where software developers had to rewrite their apps and that started back in Windows Vista, MS changing the path for 32 bit in the 64 bit OS just didnt help. So you have some things in the regular program files path, and others in the X86 path ... if the program does any checks based on the windows program files path, the program will have to do a check to see if it is 64 bit OS for it to know to check the X86 path for its app, since the normal program files path is only going to be the 64 bit apps. That I imagine is where the error would come into play if it were to happen. Maybe when querying the Program files path from within code windows doesnt check if its a call from a 32 bit app, as I said I havent tested on 64 bit so I dont know.

Some ActiveX install in the windows directory, if its just the DLL or OCX, but many that I have tested actually install to a sub folder in the root path, especially older ones, or the program files path, especially if their app contains other custom files.

I think the software is garbage, it isn't any "server cpu" issue.

I've done various testing on many machines in my household, 32 and 64-bit OS, XP, Server 2003, Windows 7, Vista, Server 2008, Server2008 R2. It works on some machines, it doesn't on others. Reinstalling the OS on one machine cleaned up the problem with no hardware changes. On another VM, it worked for a while and then stopped.

I usually don't bother accessing my dvr (gadspot gs2002) over the network because the software is garbage. dvrocx.ocx, netviewer is a host application for it to use something other than IE, but ultimately it is the same thing.

I wish I had some reputable third party program to access the video stream.