Roula

New Firmware for AVTECH CPCAM KPD674A 4CH with mouse 1044

Great upgrade, things keep getting better with this DVR with every update.

Keep it up Roula! Will keep checking this thread for future updates.

Many thanks Roula. I gather you are the "author" of these firmware updates? Very well done, and well recieved here.

I like the new Explorer interface, very useful. I also greatly appreciated the upgrade installing the system settings from the previous firmware, now that DID save me some time and head scratching, nice one mate, well done.

Only one question really. Is there a manual available that itemises the changes and gives explainations of what they do. This is of course more useful for novices like me

Once again; many thanks, it is a great improvement over the firmware that came installed in the machine (think it was 1017)

Cheers mate...........

Pleas ecan you help me. I have a KDP674 4ch standalone dvr. I want to set up the settings for the unit to e mail me once there is a alarm on one of the cameras. How do I do this? Where can I get a manual to download that has the e mail settings in it on how to do it? I seem to have the wrong manual for my DVR.

will work with ;

CPCAM CPD550/551/551D

KPD674/674A

MDR674/674A

AVTECH AVC790A/AVC791A/AVC792A/AVC793A/AVC793AD

http://www.ussscctv.com/support/KPD674A_1042.ZIP

Hi Roula. Have downloaded v 1042 and have a few problems with it.

NB: Downloading from the link above produced .zip errors, so I went to the site and downloaded it from there OK

Right, I am not sure if it's me or the Firmware ?? But.....

1) It seemed to install on the DVR OK, thopugh it took a long time to reboot.

2) The Explorer plug in for Explorer 8 (on windows XP) will not install, in fact it hangs the machine?

3) I can no longer view video streams on my Nokia 5800 in browser (but Eagleeyes does still work)

Any ideas what the problem is at all Roula?

Cheers

Thanks...

would be cool if the firmware for the KPD674 could be changed to send a snaphot via email when an alert is emailed, instead of just the html link.

Hi,

I have just purchasd a Avtech 674, and the software appears to be old.

The version is 1007-1002-1003-1002

I thought I would upgrade to the latest version before starting to use.

I've copied the 4 files you get from the zip onto a USB stick, and select upgrade but get an upgrade error. Am I doing this wrong.

The DVR is able to backup files onto the stick so it can obviously read it ok.

Thanks.

Hi Solo7.

Yes I have formatted the USB stick to FAT32. It was previously formatted to FAT and that gave a USB error. I can only think it doesn't like the files.

I did try different versions that have been listed here, v1032 and 1042 (with and without the A) but get the same result.

Should itwork with any USB stick. The manual talks about various ones being supported but mine is just a generic USB stick.

i have 2 units of avtech DVR, one is KPD764ZA and the other KPD764ZB. i tried to upgrade the firmware, but only works for ZA, ZB is refusing the firmware upgrade.

the motherboard ZA is marked as rev A, and ZB is rev B.

i think there is several motherboard from kpd 764. if yours 764 cant upgrade firmware, it might your firmware didnt match with the machine.

I have just had another look at my unit, and it too says KPD876ZB on the back. So must be revsion B motherboard as well.

So I guess we need to wait for a revision B upgrade of the software.

James

Hello, just to inform the people here, that the upgrade KPD-674A_1043, is suitable for my dvr (KPD-674ZL) i've just flash my dvr and until now works very well.

Thanks to Roula.

@Roula, when you post the new firmware, if is possible can you write few lines about what is new on this update, so to know the people what to check after ?.

best Reqards