demios

Avtech KPD679-D help please!

I have an Atech KPD679-D which has been fine except for the firmware being a bit scatty.

I tried to view some footage the other day and had great problems so I decided to upgrade the firmware.

I downloaded 1022-1005-1007-1005 for the KPD679 and started the upgrade. Everything was ok and then it got to 50% of upgrading database and stopped. I left it for several hours and nothing happened, I eventually rebooted to find I got the bootup logo but then a black screen. The hard drive was still running so I left it. Next day I rebooted again and now I get a blue screen with the 16 camera sections (grid) but no picture and none of the controls work, it just beeps if you push a button.

Is there anyway to force a firmware upgrade again?

Or any other ideas?

Phil

Hi Phil,

Can you first make sure what is the model of your dvr? is there any silver label on the back of dvr?

Once you are sure about the model you can try to force upgrade of firmware by manual resetting the dvr.

When you will write me the full name of model i will give you.

This operation not always will be working, it depends of the damage the dvr received. In the worst case you will need to send to repair.

Leo

Hi Phil,

Can you first make sure what is the model of your dvr? is there any silver label on the back of dvr?

Once you are sure about the model you can try to force upgrade of firmware by manual resetting the dvr.

When you will write me the full name of model i will give you.

This operation not always will be working, it depends of the damage the dvr received. In the worst case you will need to send to repair.

Leo

Hello it is an Avtech KPD679-D

Hello Leo,

You are a life saver!

It came back on after the reset then I upgraded to the newer firmware.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Hello, im looking for the newest update for the KPD679ZB-D.

i have this dvr and the firmware is : 1004-1001-1001-1001.

im facing some software problems, actualy the dvr menu are lagging over the local network.

i have found a upgrade on the net KPD679_1022 but when im try to update im getting this message :

ERROR: Firmware's product name or checksum is error.

then the dvr restarts and nothing happen.

dear Leohuangdi can you send me the correct update file ?

Thanks in advance

Dear Leo,

thanks for the quick reply and for the update.

I have flash successfully the dvr, and looks better now.

Once again, thanks a lot " title="Applause" />

Petros

Hi Leo,

Can u pls brief me to how to hard reset the KPD679B. I could not find any document related to it hard reset although I found one for KPD678 reset but both the boards are different and I dont know which register needs to short. Pls help !!

sir leo,' u have firmware my dvr model is kpd679zb-e.

my current firmware is 1011-1001-1004-1002,

thx in advance

@Leohuangdi

Hey How you doing mate?

I am using same KPD679-D and i want little help from you.

I have forwarded 80 port of DVR via Wifi Router on internet, i was accessing cameras on internet through 4 Users including admin account. But right now i am unable to login via any of the username accounts that i set. I don't know what has happened to DVR. Its giving authentication error. How can i reset password of DVR?

Waiting for prompt reply from Avtech Expert.

i am writing correct password but still i am getting same authentication error. Kindly look into my issue and reply on highest priority.

649828808_DVRauthenticationissue.thumb.jpg.662baee16810afcfee32caf8d234397d.jpg

i am writing correct password but still i am getting same authentication error. Kindly look into my issue and reply on highest priority.

Just looking at your address bar you seem to be missing your port number at the end of your ip address

Just looking at your address bar you seem to be missing your port number at the end of your ip address

Hey Mate, i have managed to open that page. I just want to know how to upgrade the software/firmware. Should i attache Data Traveler Flash Drive to DVR?

i would only do a firmware if you need too. remember they dont make your dvr newer . firmware only fixes problems.

and DONT use the link in this thead. it is for KPD679ZB you have a KPD679-D

if your dvr is working then leave it as it is

Hi guys

I have the KPD-679ZD it came with the 1004-1001-1001-1001 firm. but the vga does it stop to work after 1 year and i conected with the bnc monitor out. i change the config. from auto output to vga out only!

now i have no image, i try to update from video viewer but it doesn't update! i try also web update but still the same! is there a hardware update?

Thanks a lot.

Hi guys

I have the KPD-679ZD it came with the 1004-1001-1001-1001 firm. but the vga does it stop to work after 1 year and i conected with the bnc monitor out. i change the config. from auto output to vga out only!

now i have no image, i try to update from video viewer but it doesn't update! i try also web update but still the same! is there a hardware update?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Leohuangdi,

If i upgrate to an older version and then to the new one is it possible to work??

Thanks.

I have firmware 1015-1002-1006-1003. Im sure is rather out of date and my box is very slow.

Is there a newer version for my KPD674?

Thanks

Richard