actiniumer

Backup recorded data over network?

Does any body know if there is a DVR that automatically backup recorded data over the network to a storage server for example?

I mean that is there a feature like that?. To configure the DVR to send a backup copy of the recorded videos over the network to a dedicated computer every hour, day or whatever

Some do, Dahua DVRs do for example, but its more of a feature of the network software than actual upload over the network of the raw video which could take too long. So it records the streaming video which still is good in D1, though compressed. I had no hard drive for a few months and thats how I recorded, to my PC over the network.

Thanks for response

Actually I meant a continuous reliable built-in way to backup the recorded data in a remote location. And also for a large size CCTV system.

Well it takes a long time to download raw video from DVRs so the most reliable way is the way I mentioned.

Are you trying to record over the LAN, or via an internet connection?

With one of our clients, we've been outfitting all their sites with multi-terabyte, network-attached RAID arrays, and setting that as the primary storage destination (via gigabit LAN), designating the internal DVR drive(s) as backup only that the DVR will use automatically if the RAID is offline. This gives the added benefit, too, that if the DVR goes down, we can swap in a loaner, map the array drive(s) to it, and they still have all their footage on-site.

On the most recent site, we tucked the array away in the ceiling space of the office - out of sight, out of mind.

Some do, Dahua DVRs do for example, but its more of a feature of the network software than actual upload over the network of the raw video which could take too long. So it records the streaming video which still is good in D1, though compressed. I had no hard drive for a few months and thats how I recorded, to my PC over the network.

Rory,

I installed the scheduled backup software (from your site) on a desktop on the network (10/100mbit). When I set the schedule to download from the DVR, it takes an enormous amount of space. (one camera can easily take a few GB) The DVR is a 32 channel and I'm trying to backup the footage for a day. The software seems to be pulling the raw video from the machine over the network and saving it on the hard drive. I was trying to backup an entire months worth of video but it's going to be huge. Is there any way to download the video from the dahua machine compressed or is that my only option?

The reason why I'm doing it is because I want to archive footage for a year or so and when the machine recycles, I'm going to be losing footage when the machine overwrites the old stuff.

You need a pc with an nvr connected all time through network with enabled the real-time archiving. This way you will have a mirrored second storage backup of your video footages.

You need a pc with an nvr connected all time through network with enabled the real-time archiving. This way you will have a mirrored second storage backup of your video footages.

If the computer is analog, recording by NVR still possible? Wouldn't I need a video encoder to convert to IP before I can use a NVR to record the stream?

I have the same problem as yours. does your problem were resolved? if Yes, can you please help me? I badly needed to backup my 16channel dvr with a storage of 2 Terabyte.

Please give me any method which can compromise my 2 TB hard drive.

Thanks

Hi there I am in the same situation, I have an 8 ch DVR only using 4 cameras and it has a HDD and can have usb backup but I want to be able to backup what is recording on the HDD at the time to another source so that if the DVR is taken i can access the footage from the other location. It is currently linked to my router through cable and has its own IP address where I can view live footage with an APP and I can login to a page on the internet to view it. Is there not any software I can install on my PC that will somehow mirror the recording and then transfer it into the cloud somewhere safe?

Please help me this footage has to be kept safe and at the moment the only place it is recorded is inside the dvr but anyone with a brain can realise they could just take the dvr and then you have nothing.