stuartbraybrooke

Avtech 674 questions

Hi

I have just installed an Avtech 674 and have some questions. I hope you can help me:

1. Eagle Eyes on iPhone 4

I am using an iPhone 4 for Eagle Eyes. In brief:

• I can view the DVR “live” using the Safari browser on my iPhone over the 3G/GPRS network

• I can view the event log using Eagle Eyes on my iPhone over the 3G/GPRS network

• I can use all Eagle Eyes functions including live view and playback of recorded video using Eagle Eyes over my wireless LAN

• I cannot view any video (live or recorded) using Eagle Eyes over a 3G/GPRS network. It gives the message “undefine error happened!”

2. Email problems

I have tried using a TalkTalk POP3 account and two of my own business POP3 accounts. The DVR event log shows “Mail Fail”. I have tried options such as “password verification” but it makes no difference. DVR connects to the net OK (both LAN and WAN). Can someone please indi cate what I need to do?

3. Other questions

There are also a number of things that are not explained in the manuals. Could you please provide some info?:

• Logging on as an “operator” (as opposed to “ADMIN”) from a remote browser – what is the user name for an operator? I tried “operator” but nothing happens.

• In the menu for ADVANCED CONFIG  DISPLAY, what does “display covert” do? It is set to “on” but I can’t see any difference when I switch it off. Also in the same menu what does “alpha blending” do?

• The EVENT INFORMATION  EVENT LOG only shows system events (not for instance motion events). How do you get it to log motion events here?

• Is there a way of changing the length of “pre alarm record”?

Thank you for any help you can give.

Regards

Stuart

• I cannot view any video (live or recorded) using Eagle Eyes over a 3G/GPRS network. It gives the message “undefine error happened!”

try to change port of your dvr.......for testing you can try to connect to the demosite of Avtech:

IP: 59.125.163.100

port: 88

user: guest

passw.:guest

2. Email problems

I have tried using a TalkTalk POP3 account and two of my own business POP3 accounts. The DVR event log shows “Mail Fail”. I have tried options such as “password verification” but it makes no difference. DVR connects to the net OK (both LAN and WAN). Can someone please indi cate what I need to do?

Try to use Gmail account, put everything yes and use port 465

3. Other questions

There are also a number of things that are not explained in the manuals. Could you please provide some info?:

• Logging on as an “operator” (as opposed to “ADMIN”) from a remote browser – what is the user name for an operator? I tried “operator” but nothing happens.

by default only admin is active, if you want to activate an operator account need to login with admin and add a new user account.

• In the menu for ADVANCED CONFIG  DISPLAY, what does “display covert” do? It is set to “on” but I can’t see any difference when I switch it off. Also in the same menu what does “alpha blending” do?

display covert means that cannot see the live view of that channel, but dvr can still record the real images. Alpha blending means the trasparency of the dvr menu.

• The EVENT INFORMATION  EVENT LOG only shows system events (not for instance motion events). How do you get it to log motion events here?

there will be some square that need to mark, but remember that if you didn't activate motion detection you will not see any.

• Is there a way of changing the length of “pre alarm record”?

you cannot

Thank you for any help you can give.

Regards

Stuart

Thanks you for your help Leo.

I finally got Eagle Eyes going over 3G/GPRS by changing port to 8080 (I did this before I saw your response). I guess Orange (my mobile provider) blocks port 80 for some reason (although it is strange that it still worked on the Safari browser).

Likewise with the gmail account (and your port recommendations!) I got email! Interestingly, the "standard" gmail smtp port that my Outlook used did not work with gmail but yours works a treat.

Nest question - how do I play the MIME file it sends me? None of my browsers seem to like it very much.

Thanks & regards

Stuart

When you receive the trigger mail, you have to open the link with internet explorer and insert user and password of dvr, then save the file somewhere in your computer. Then you should be able to see the playback.

Just make sure, that dvr hard disk is installed correctly and you can see playback from internet when you normally connect to the dvr.

One more thing, when do backup of videos from dvr by USB or internet, need to play them with the program Video player.

Leo

Thanks again Leo.

I use Eagle Eyes on iPhone alot of the time. Is there a way to playback the motion alerts on iPhone (directly from the motion alert email link) or do I have to go into Eagle Eyes and manually find the motion alert?

It would also be nice if Eagle Eyes had a "still" image functon (so you can take a JPEG of the video and store it on the iPhone). Do you have any plans to add this functionality?

Thanks & regards

Stuart

logging on to eagle eyes.... i have had a prob logging on to my eagle eyes site which up until now has been brilliant for monitoring my house. the account seems to have reset itself to admin:admin, ive reentered my details, but it says permission insufficent. any thoughts anyone? i wont be able to get to the site until dec, so getting it fixed on line is essential. ive been to the avtech website and not been able to sort anything out, i assume the user name and password for the avtech site is the same for teh eagle eyes app?

help me to reset my cctv camera some one has hacked it icannot log in to it when I enter the password it shows authentication error

Hello all.. After a lot of messing about I have finally managed to get PTZ to work on my 4Ch Avtech 674 DVR.

However. The camera is constantly panning through all the preset points in autoscan type mode.

Does anyone know how to disable the autoscan feature?

Failing that.. how to clear the preset points so that the camera stays where I left it?

I tried setting all the preset points to the same place. That solved the problem of the camera moving around constantly.. but then I wasn't able to pan it to where I wanted without being interrupted and the camera going back to the preset point.

Also.. as a side question.. anyone know how to change the pan speed?