tomahawk

interesting problem

i have a bunker hill security dvr its all setup and ports are forwarded i can connect locally and from different netwrks via laptop with dxclient loaded via cd i cannot connect with iphone locally or remotely i get either connection failed if i put in ip i know wont work or i get about a 15 sec load beriod before i get connection has been disconnected im not bad with computers etc but am relatively knew to all this and i cant figure out the problem please help ty in advance

update ive had my father load the suggested app onto an android phone and he was able to connect to server remotely but got a no response message

i didnt realize the phone uses a specific port i thought that having a media and web port forwarded for the dvr was all that was required any idea what the required port for iphone would be? android port would be good too if you know it because it seems that safari browser blocks any ports that arent already in use or blocked by isp

ill check into it thanks for the reply

mobile port setup and checked still no connection on iphone will update when android test is run

hi. port needed is 100 and the app is Meye

thank you sooo much

i used port 222 port doesnt really matter as long as its forwarded correctly and not blocked by isp

loaded up meye and logged right in!!!!

not sure why manufacturer was suggesting asee it doesnt work

thanks again " title="Applause" />

Here's the mystery solved. I can't believe its not in the manual.

From the settings in your Bunker Hill DVR, go to Devices and find Mobile. Either type in a Port there or use the default. That's the one you need to use in your Port Forward.

The Meye app worked great for Android. I haven't tried it on the iPhone yet.

if you want to set up to see over the internet you need to port forward two different ports the ports are 8080 or 80 this is the first one that needs to be forwarded tcp and udp the next port you need to forward is 9000 tcp and udp if you don't know how to forward your port you need to access your router and go into port forward in your router. lots of online help for your router my router is century link actiontec c1000a go into advance setting go down page look for port forward and inter the information than you can see it over the lan to see it from away from your lan you need to know your router ip address go to canyouseeme.org to get this information that is the address you input to see it away from home now if you want to see it on an android phone you need to forward one more port but you need to go in the menu on dvr and go to devices and mobile than you need to change your login name password and you can change the port you need this port forwarded I could not see the default port after I forwarded it so I change it than I could see it that is the port you need to use in the port on the app when setting up the camera than you can see it on your android phone don't pay for the instructions it just takes a little time to check your ports and that is it I will say it is not hard but it is frustrating

Heya,

Have any of you happened to setup this particular security system with IPv6? I can't seem to get it to connect externally. My goal is to be able to view the feeds from anywhere on my mobile device which is android.

Thanks

Heya,

Have any of you happened to setup this particular security system with IPv6? I can't seem to get it to connect externally. My goal is to be able to view the feeds from anywhere on my mobile device which is android.

Thanks

Why do you need ipv6?