Neo1

AVTECH KPD679B Reset Method ??

Hi,

I've problem with KPD679B on boot up that it hangs on logo screen and shows no further activity. Power adapter is working on 19V. I am considering to hard reset it. Can any body pls brief me to how to hard reset the KPD679B. I could not find any document related to it hard reset although I found one for KPD678 reset but both the boards are different and I dont know which register needs to short. Pls help !!

As I know hard reset of AVTECH is same for most boards. It's should be TP6 and TP5 (in most boards it is located near sata connector). Can you post a close up picture of your board near sata connector/s?

This is for the "B" and "D" model:

STEP1: Remove the DVR cover and find the chip resistor to reset the hardware (next to the SATA

Cable)

STEP2: The chip resistor is located as TP5 and TP6\

STEP3: Disconnect the DVR power. Then, make the chip resistor short-circuited with a conductive object (such as forceps) and re-connect the power. Remove the conductive object when you hear a short beep sound, and wait till the DVR reboots.

Dennis

I have the same problem (trying to reset the password) on my AVTech KPD674. I have tried the suggested solution: Disconnected the DVR power. Then, made the chip resistor (TP5 and TP6)short-circuited with a paper clip, and re-connect the power. I then remove the conductive paper clip when I heard a short beep sound, then wait till the DVR reboots, but on each occasion it has made no difference.

Is there any reason why this method might not be working for my attempts?

Also, is there any other method of resetting the DVR password.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

Here's a link to your model in a previous thread on this forum:

hxxp://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20973

Change the "xx" to "tt"

See if this helps. Basically just the same instructions, but more info.

Dennis

Thanks for the quick response Dennis…unfortunately, I have already tried all that that thread suggests, and still unable to reset password, but thanks for the suggestion!

Jason

Did you stick the paper clip through the holes in the board relative to those two points or against the copper foil pads? Also, do you have any other model numbers, maybe on the bottom of the DVR?

I have the same problem (trying to reset the password) on my AVTech KPD674. I have tried the suggested solution: Disconnected the DVR power. Then, made the chip resistor (TP5 and TP6)short-circuited with a paper clip, and re-connect the power. I then remove the conductive paper clip when I heard a short beep sound, then wait till the DVR reboots, but on each occasion it has made no difference.

Is there any reason why this method might not be working for my attempts?

Also, is there any other method of resetting the DVR password.

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

, , had the same problem , , Jason , , your resetting it , but not finishing up , , by skipping setup,

go through the setup and set the password , , or else , it has none , shorting the terminals resets to

factory defaults , , but they set the default password , to (0000 ) , , but it has none unless you set it

in the setup, after you short the jumper terminals , , it worked for me , , and all is ok now.