KenS

Accessing Dahua DVR over the Internet

Is there an idiots guide for how to setup a Dahua DVR to be able to connect remotely over the Internet? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi Ken, there are so many posts available on here on how to set up your router, dvr, it is all dependant on forwarding ports from your router to your dvr internal ip adress,if you end up totally stuck let me know and I will send my number via pm

Thanks for the offer CBR1. I’m thinking I’m missing something fairly basic. The DVR is working fine on my internal home network as well as on my iPhone in my home wireless environment. I have a BT HomeHub 2, and I have forwarded ports 80, 3777, 3778 and 7070 to the DVR. When I type in the external IP address (not the one assigned by my router to the DVR, but the one you get when you check with a service like http://whatismyipaddress.com/) in IE it opens the Web Service v2.0 login screen (it didn’t do that before I forwarded the ports, so I was hopeful I was heading in the right direction). But when I enter the username and password it will not connect. One thing that is different is when I open in IE using the internal IP address assigned to the DVR, the Web Service page that pops up already has the username Admin populated. When I point to the external IP address the field is not populated. But I was hopeful that because it opens the Web Service page it is “seeing” there is a DVR there.

I haven’t changed any of the default settings on the DVR and am wondering if that is my problem. At the moment I have a dynamic IP address through BT, but I assume that as long as I try to point to the IP address currently assigned to me that it should work (I wanted to prove to myself it will work before setting up a static IP).

I have also tried completely turning off the firewall in the HomeHub and putting the DVR’s IP address into the DMZ on the router but these are producing the same result. Is it possible that my ISP (BT) is blocking port 80?

Does the page look correctly formatted? There should be a gray box in the middle of the screen and a login/password field. If it doesn't look like that, you may need to be running IE in compatibility mode.

The fact that you are seeing anything means that:

a) Port 80 is not blocked by your ISP

b) You have set up port forwarding correctly

My best guess is that it is either compatibility mode issue (easy fix) or you are using the wrong login/password.

Is it possible that my ISP (BT) is blocking port 80?

Hi. KenS. the problem you might have is you are trying to remote logon with external IP while on your home network ?? in most cases you cant do it that way. call a family friend and give them your ip.

Does the page look correctly formatted? There should be a gray box in the middle of the screen and a login/password field. If it doesn't look like that, you may need to be running IE in compatibility mode.

The fact that you are seeing anything means that:

a) Port 80 is not blocked by your ISP

b) You have set up port forwarding correctly

My best guess is that it is either compatibility mode issue (easy fix) or you are using the wrong login/password.

Thanks for this. The formatting looks the same as when I connect using my internal IP address. I am using the default Admin/admin user and password.

Is it possible that my ISP (BT) is blocking port 80?

Hi. KenS. the problem you might have is you are trying to remote logon with external IP while on your home network ?? in most cases you cant do it that way. call a family friend and give them your ip.

I have also tried logging in using the iPhone viewer app over 3G (with WiFi turned off) and it won't connect either.

I do really appreciate all of your assistance! I am new to this!

Hi again Ken, as stated by tomcctv, if you are trying to login on your WAN connection, whilst on LAN, this could be the cause of your problem, it sounds as though you are almost there though.

hi. which dahua do you have ?

It is an Apollo HD Pro D1 with 8 Cam capacity (oddly it also says QVIS on the front panel).

You are a superstar! I'm now up and running. I am able to view the cameras remotely on my iPhone over the 3G network. I have not tried it from a remote PC, but presume if it works on the iPhone it will work from other devices.

I really can't thank you enough!!!

(For those who care, I stupidly was forwarding port 3777 and not 37777)

You are a superstar! I'm now up and running. I am able to view the cameras remotely on my iPhone over the 3G network. I have not tried it from a remote PC, but presume if it works on the iPhone it will work from other devices.

Excellent! yes it will work on Internet Explorer from other computers now too. Just be sure to configure their active X settings and view in compatibility mode.

i am having a issue getting my nvr to get access to the internet everything was all working fine but has just stopped working for some strange reason checked the port forwarding settings in the router and all is fine