Nicko

Austar 4ch DVR 2736 password reset

Hi,

I have a client who has a Austar DVR 2736 1Tb who has recently had an incident and we are unable to retrieve any footage as they do not have the ADMIN password. I am wanting to find out if anyone knows how to default the passwords manually. I have had no luck in finding anyone who once worked for austar since they went under. Your help is much appreciated

Hi Nicko,

I don't have an answer but I hope 2 years has been long enough for you to get one. I have the same dilemma. No online manuals or anything!

Regards Cooksie42

Hi Nicko,

I don't have an answer but I hope 2 years has been long enough for you to get one. I have the same dilemma. No online manuals or anything!

Regards Cooksie42

If you know the ip address of your dvr then its worth doing the following test.

1. click on "start" button on taskbar under windows xp/vista/win7

2. then click on " Run"

3. type the following without the quotes "telnet dvr ip" and then press ok

Note: substitute dvr ip like this --> telnet 192.168.1.64

if it asks for a login details then please report back and i will digout the username and password and then show you how to reset the admin account. This method mostly works with chinese dvrs that run linux. Hopefully should work for you.

hi Hunter2K,

the PVR is not networked, if I were to network it, could we then go down the path you suggest

Definitely worth networking and follow my previous post. Do report back

I have the same problem with an Austar DVR3134. The passwords have long been forgotten so I need to do a password reset. I have telnet access and physical access to the DVR. Can anyone out there help? Thanks.

For those of you needing to reset the admin password, here's what I did. Removed power from the DVR and removed the cover. Removed the lithium battery and waited a short while. Replaced the battery and cover and reapplied the power. I was than able to log in as admin with the default password which was, in my case, 000000.