brian415

I am looking to purchase a DVR from Longse Electronics

Has any one installed or know of the DVR's quality, easy of play back on the dvr or remote software, and saveing the video from the remote softoware or dvr

need to know the pro and cons

Thank you

Brian

The secret around here is Dahua.

However, the day may come when we regret the market domination of this company. It is the objective of every company to dominate and monopolise its market. It seeks to do this for obvious reasons. Market domination may also allow it to increase its price dramatically because it will by then have devasted the smaller DVR companies. That is why I am wondering about other alternatives to this brand. We don't need to create another Pelco and then watch it turn around and burn its customers by charging premium prices because there are no viable alternatives.

The secret around here is Dahua.

However, the day may come when we regret the market domination of this company.

i dont think is domination be it dahua or any other company or if its about a dvr or a camera. yes you see alot of talk about dahua and also alot of talk on here about CNB.

it just that the equipment works. no name brands dont last dont work and are given specs that people dont understand. and most of the time untrue.

dahua have been in the industry a long time and make for other big brand names 75% of hikvision is dahua. there new range of cards are dahua. and its been like that for 10 years or more.

other makes like avtech/CMN/ q-see / swann are all below what i would call a budget system most of which are rebranded TVT. (except) avtech.

cameras. are the big problem. many times you see this stuff from ebay images from the cameras makes grass look dead and brown. blue cars look gray ..... there is no need to buy cameras that cant give true colours.

The way Dahua is devouring the Chinese market, it looks set for market domination one day. As any company gets a larger slice of the market, it is able to devote more capital to R&D and distribution etc. This process becomes self-perpetuating until the efficiencies of scale put other smaller factories out of business. This is the same for any company. I wonder about a DVR manufacturer mostly, because the amount of work behind the software is huge. (Unless the software separates from the hardwire like IBM and MicroSoft.) I was only loosely comparing Dahua to Pelco and their domes. The technology in a Pelco dome (apart from the chassis camera) looks minor compared to the effort required to make a state-of-the-art DVR. I don't doubt that CNB domes are fine. Though I don't know about CNB's approach to parts. With Pelco, the domination is such that any part is easily available.

Cameras are certainly the big problem. As far as the generics go, ASA 9001 manufacturers form my shortlist.

Pelco is hardly dominant. As with all the other names, they have their gems, and they have their turds. If I was looking for a kick-arse PTZ, I'd go Esprit or Spectra IV... if I was looking for a basic indoor or outdoor dome, Pelco is one of the last places I'd look. Unfortunately, most technology companies, once they CAN start to get by on their name alone, seem to start TRYING to get by on their name alone.

CNB is mentioned around here a lot because they have SOME really good cameras... doesn't mean ALL their products are up to that same standard. I have no experience with Dahua (yet) but I expect they're the same.

I wish there was a sticky in the DVR section that lists the top budget DVRs, 4ch 8ch and 16ch with good picture quality at a good frame rate.

I winded up with a Duhau because of the price and picture reputation. But I had no other choice to shop for with that price range.

A sticky would be awesome for the top budget good quality DVRs other then Just Duhau, all that stood out on this forum was Duhau. You get a great 8ch DVR for under $300, anyone else can compete with such specs and pricing?

I agree on TomCCTV, I believe no one can say that conquer whole the world. As you claimed, where is the Hikivision even the supplier in USA, Germany, KOrea and Taiwan.

And how much percetage in market shar in China, but I have to say Dahua is one of fewer who is capable of design full phase from logic to finished on. Becasue they accumulate experice from TI for ever been an direct account.

In the past years the turn their way to the hisilicon's SOC, which is more cheap and more simple for all archtecture is packed into the chip-set. But the Hisilicon has developed crappied one, it is really hard to say what is happening.

The rest of supplier in China is buying main board the assemble so it is hard to say how and what you could expect, unless they have rich programable softare engineer.

Hi Fiona is'nt it a Secretaary around dahua.

Id steer well clear of Longse Electronics. I have had numerous dealings with them and they will promise you the world and deliver very little. I have experienced massive lead times sighting they are "Waiting on materials" then if you have any issues there warranty is not worth the return process. I have also had them return fault equipment to me and suggest I "buy a new one" instead of honouring there warranty obligations. You are far better buying a cost effective unit locally to you with local support.

I have also found that coincidentally there english skills seem to all of a sudden get very poor when you have any issue.....

Id steer well clear of Longse Electronics. I have had numerous dealings with them and they will promise you the world and deliver very little. I have experienced massive lead times sighting they are "Waiting on materials" then if you have any issues there warranty is not worth the return process. I have also had them return fault equipment to me and suggest I "buy a new one" instead of honouring there warranty obligations. You are far better buying a cost effective unit locally to you with local support.

I have also found that coincidentally there english skills seem to all of a sudden get very poor when you have any issue.....

I have chosen not to contact Longse Electronics, what may appear to some to be minor, but,,,,,,

I have had to block their emails from my inbox because of the constant and numerous one's that I had to delete, day after day after day. I have chosen since to deal with another Chinese company direct and will see how that goes.

After purchasing some analog cameras and DVR's from Longse for several years, I was excited when they released IP cameras and NVRs. I installed the first NVR (8 IP camera unit) several months ago and had several problems with the installation but Longse got involved and we worked through the problems. It took a firmware update and explanations of some of their menus, which are not unnecessarily logical and include English terms that don't make sense. The documentation is not complete or English friendly.

Then we ran into a new problem with recording. Here is a rather long explanation:

1) Everyday at some random time, generally in the afternoon but sometimes in the evening, it appears to quit recording. What I saw when it quit, the red dot was on indicating that it was recording, but when viewing the recorded data, there is none from that point on.

2) The NVR has problems with catching video that was triggered by motion detection. The NVR actually recorded some video but the event that triggered the motion detection had already moved out of the video

frame before the recording actually started so you could not view it. In order to insure that the recorder catches these events, continuous video on the weekends was scheduled in conjunction with the motion detection. With both turned on, you get a green bar for the continuous recording and it is overlayed with yellow stripes for the instances of motion detection. This allows you to find the instances of motion detection and ignore the rest of the recorded video.

The problem is: When clicking on record video (green) for the playback parameter, you get one set of time data, but not a whole day. When clicking on motion (yellow), you get a different set of time data, and when

clicking on both record and motion, you get a another different set of time data. The data is for March 2 and

you should see 24 hours of data on all three pictures.

Longse's response after several weeks is: As our NVR is with competitive price, the hardware configuration can not support moren than 4 channels detection motion. If you open 1 channel or 2 channel, the NVR will not get stuck.

A second problem has arisen with all of their recording devices, both DVR's and NVR's. They have chosen to use FreeIP for remote viewing of these devices. While it makes it very easy to setup (no port forwarding router setups required), the Android version from the Play Store no longer works. I know there is an update available but not in the Play Store and I refuse to install Apps on my phone that don't go through at least the minimum checking provided by the Play Store.

I need to find another vendor.