dubud

8ch dvr password help

Dubud,

did you manage to get a password? I have the same problem. It says NULL but nothing. Please help. Thanks

I am having exactly the same trouble and it looks to be the same as mine which is CnM H.264

I bought mine from CPC (FARNEL'S) THE O/S IS LINUX I set it up temp six months ago just to try it and now cannot get in just like you , there is plenty of help IF YOU CAN GET INTO THE SECOND SECTION but no help at all as yet to get past our problem If you know anyone who has a linux based computer they may be able to help but I have asked lots of "experts" and it seems to have got them beat

if you do have any success please let me know and I will do the same

I also understand if anyone has bought from Maplins they send there customers a program (though how they load it I have no idea) to rectify the problem so if you know any one who has bought this system from maplins you might borrow theres

Try telnet the device. connect to your local router / lan, telnet with "root" and no password.

It might give you a start point.

As for the hint, NULL may be space(s), zero(s), "NA", "N/A", void, empty.. "", etc..

From my own (very) little experience with cheap DVR, they don't have a reset button. The "Restore from factory default" made from the software itself but it has config xml files you may reach from telnet interface.

so i woke up this morning and my mail box was in my front yard 30 feet from were it was supposed to be. looks like someone drove by and smashed it i really need my dvr and cameras back up, so i dug out this old dvr unit, and tried to hook it up. and im still locked out ! please some one help me reset this thing.

so i woke up this morning and my mail box was in my front yard 30 feet from were it was supposed to be. looks like someone drove by and smashed it i really need my dvr and cameras back up, so i dug out this old dvr unit, and tried to hook it up. and im still locked out ! please some one help me reset this thing.

Check the 12345 number and let us know

by the way the username should be admin (all letters are lower case)

I tried this trick and it worked for me, I removed the battery and with a soldering kit i removed one leg of this ic ( the silver thing that i pointed in the pic) for about 10 minutes i booted up and the clock was reseted so i returned everything to normal ( soldered leg back and inserted the battery) and the password was gone

afterwards try 12345 or without a password

1423748808_ScreenShot2015-07-31at5_24_12PM.png.ee3bcae52c5af2fb7f0af3a58c4a778f.png