dubud

8ch dvr password help

hello, im REALLY hoping someone can help me..... i bought this 8 camera dvr system off ebay and was in the proses of hooking it up...and in the mean time i misplaced some stuff... like the manual ! ugh anyways i cant log in to it..... is there a way i can reset it? every time i try to log in its incorrect. and it says the password hint is "NULL" i tried to contact the ebay seller for months now and they will not respond... so frustrating. i dont even know were to begin? id love to use it. i dont even know what make or model it is? it looks generic..any help would be AWESOME !!!

196091_1.jpg

196091_2.jpg

196091_3.jpg

196091_4.jpg

It looks like an old Unitek. I don't know if it is for sure or not, but the inside of it looks like a Unitek. As far as the NULL hint, maybe that means no password or "empty" or none or something like that. I'd try to look for some kind of a model number.

thanks for the help. i tried blank.. and 0000 and a bunch others...with no luck it jus starts beeping.

i cant find a model number or anything. but in the second picture on the circuit board there is a sticker that says TS8V8A .

the manual looked like this. and i still have the CD but i cant find anything on it that will help.

196102_1.jpg

im not sure what jumpers are? i can open it and take more pictures if i need to? im desperate for help. let me know what i need to do =] i paid a bunch of money for this and i cant use it =[ any help would be AWESOME !!

i tried admin, ADMIN, 000000, 888888, 1234,4321. and tons more.....

still nothing....

this unit is not stolen.....

if anything im the one that got ripped off, and stolen from.i paid a lot for this "kit" off ebay.

i bought it to protect my family and my stuff. seems like all the units on ebay are generic junk.

im so bummed i bought this thing, a total waste of money....

thanks to everyone that tried to help.

if there is anyway to prove i bought this i would.

yes TipoFloe i tried that. thanks for the help.

im still open to suggestions.

any help would be greatly appreciated

this unit is not stolen.....

if anything im the one that got ripped off, and stolen from.i paid a lot for this "kit" off ebay.

i bought it to protect my family and my stuff. seems like all the units on ebay are generic junk.

im so bummed i bought this thing, a total waste of money....

thanks to everyone that tried to help.

if there is anyway to prove i bought this i would.

Every DVR manufacturer has a back door access code or a master password to override all passwords. Contact the seller and request the master password.

thank you again for the help, but i bought it on ebay and i tried contacting the seller quite a few times already, and i have got no response. his profile says hes no longer a registered user... not to mention his feedback was not the greatest..

im not sure what jumpers are? i can open it and take more pictures if i need to? im desperate for help. let me know what i need to do =] i paid a bunch of money for this and i cant use it =[ any help would be AWESOME !!

Can you take a picture of the PCB board inside the DVR one more time? This time, remove all cable and take a high resolution picture of the PCB.

not a problem, thanks SO much for helping!

heres pictures.

197930_1.jpg

197930_2.jpg

I was hoping to spot a reset or a set of jumpers, but can't find anything.

Let's try this. Try removing the battery that probably keeps the date up to date. If that clears the memory and resets everything, so should the password, and you can try again the sequences...

Good luck...

Me to have same problem...

but i know the IP address of DVR

but when i access through LAN.. again it prompts Password...!!!

is there any hacking or brute force attacking tool which guess or brake the password in browser..

i dont know if you are still looking for the answer.

i have the same one, and bought it from the guy from ebay.

its a blank password - unless you set it up specifically.

username is admin.

i am trying to setup web viewer with the cameras, but i dont know how to do that....

if you need help - let me know. i still have the instructions.