gadfly

Dahua 16ch NVR

Settling on this NVR I believe. As I understand it, you can only live view 4 cameras at a time in 1080, 8 at 720 and all 16 at D1.

If I'm looking at all 16 channels on screen and I select 1 specific camera for full screen, can the NVR be set so when I select that single camera for full screen viewing it displays the one camera in 1080p just by selecting it?

Also, can I set the NVR to record all 16 cams @ 1080 if I have it set to motion detect? I'm thinking I should since their not all on at the same time.

Is there a way in the NVR to try and start them all at 1080 but if a 5th cam comes online during record that 5th jumps down to 720 and records that 5th cam at 720?

Just trying to get a good feel for this NVR befure I go with it.

Depends on the model you purchase. I recently purchased a 960H hybrid NVR/DVR. The specs say it can record 4 1080 camera, 8 720 camera, 16 D1 IP cameras. That does not mean you can view 6 1080 camera and record only 4. That mean you can only install 4 1080

camera whether your viewing them, recording them, streaming them, or anything you want to call it. So, like I said, look at the specs

on the model your looking for. Some 16 channel nvrs can actually view/record 16 1080 cameras, but you pay extra for it and you should

install a few hard drives for alot of storage if you going to actually record 16 1080 cameras even in motion detect.

I think I've since found it can only view OR record 4 in 1080, 8 @ 720 and 16 in D1.

Now I'm checking on what my camera limitations are in terms of brands and models it will work with.

I think I've since found it can only view OR record 4 in 1080, 8 @ 720 and 16 in D1.

Now I'm checking on what my camera limitations are in terms of brands and models it will work with.

so were unable to set all @ 1080 and those that dont record fall back to 720 0r D1?

this is a question i was looking for answers too. i understand the input capabilities BUT if those cameras that pick up movement/alarm would record in 1080 (as all cameras are set to 1080) that would be a feature i would pay for.

Gabe, exellent question. hopefully someone can answer it. I, too am wondering what happens when i add the 5th camera

we also need a operators guide for these Dahua NVRs. can't seem to find any online, sure lots of questions would be resolved by viewing the actual manual. any owners want to post a .pdf?

and another minor letdown, for me anyway.

The additional expense of a PoE 16 port switch that can deliver the 12v to every camera.

Starting to reach the tipping point now I think. Why I didn't notice that in the first place is beyond me, knew I had to add a HD, but from what I've seen the switch is gonna cost as much as the NVR.

sigh

The seller said he will update the firmware remotely if is any problems .

Is no other place to take the firmware for Dahua devices ?

There is no firmware

software updates, not necessarily firmware. you should NOT update software. i would only update if i saw a need for a new feature or camera support. if their is no need and the features are working properly leave as is. just my 2¢

hello friends i have Dahua NVR3816 with 8 cameras installed.. i need 120 days of playback backup, What settings can i use... Any help?