ironside

Avtech Problems

Hi all,

I recently bought an Avtech 792PV DVR and I'm having some issues with it.

Some history:

I've had an old IDE 760 model running since 2006 without a fault, remote viewing locally/remote and with eagle eyes has been faultless - on the home network it's pretty much realtime with zero delay in the live network stream using Video Server E. So, we add another camera and need longer record times so as large ide drives are hard to find decide to replace the dvr with a new one.

The 792PV is appealing as it's full D1 and for one reason and another we need to record 24-7 at full frame rate. Here lies the problem, locally the machine is fast, recorded video is much higher quality than the old DVR but remote viewing is rubbish. The frame rate always drops to 1.5 eventually regardless of quality settings and can freeze for long periods. Playing back event recordings works pretty well and all other network functions are pretty responsive. The 'live' video via Video Viewer/Web or Eagle eyes is at least 10 often 30 seconds behind realtime and it stutters so badly that it's useless.

I noticed on here that the WD green drives (had a surveillance one) were no good so have swapped it out to a Seagate SV35 today and it's better but still next to useless.

I've ruled out network by using a cross over cable direct from laptop to DVR, frame rate does rise but the video stutters exactly the same with no speed increase or reduction in delay. Fault is the same on a Core Duo 7000 processor and a quad core i7 machine.

Sooo, am I expecting too much from the new AVtechs given the old one did everything without a problem? Any recommendations on a suitable replacement, only need 4 channels.

Any help appreciated otherwise it's going back

p.s Sorry for the long first post!

No-one? Is this just how the new avtech's are? Am I the only one who's got this problem?

The firmware update enables 'Network first', setting this doesn't change the behaviour, nor does stopping record on all channels - basically with the box idle it still can't seem to stream live properly.

Thanks.

I've lowered the record framerate on all channels to CIF, 1.56 FPS and the lowest quality setting with no difference. Disconnected the HD and again no difference.

Having used the software for a few more days there seems to be times where it can go live for a few seconds and the frame rate jumps and you get a live smooth picture but the frame rate rapidly falls from 15 to 12 to 6 to 1.5. It hovers around 1.5 FPS to which ever viewer you use.

The only way to get a 'live' stream seems to be to set the viewing software to CIF basic which results in a picture that resembles a childs painting

I don't think it's physically able to do what avtech say it can.

Pings at a steady 3ms, bearing in mind that the framerate does the same if I use a cat 5 cross over cable and wire the dvr straight to the laptop.

How many other computer's, etc. are running on your network that the DVR is attached to? I had a similar issue with a site, where we were running 3 DVR's, a server with 3 terminals, two computers, cable tv, 3 credit card terminals, free wi-fi and phones. Sometimes when remote viewing, I ended up with the same issue as you. Tried it at night when the business was shutdown and no longer had the problem. Just not enough bandwidth during the day.

Same situation here IronSide. AVTech AVC792ZPV accidentaly reaches 15 fps and only for a couple secs then drops to 1,5 - 2 fps even within lan. Have you found any solution yet or newer AVTechs are just crap?

Had the same problem for long.

No one could give me an answer. Even certified technicians!

It was very frustrating and I was ready to throw the thing out of my window but I finally solved it

Here is what I did on my own.

Go to Config>DVR>Record - Turn ALL (Manual-Event-Timer) to CIF, click to save.

Again Config>DVR>Record - Turn ALL (Manual-Event-Timer) to 50fps, click to save.

Last Config>DVR>Record, select "Network First"

Click Yes to reboot

After that it was for the very first time that all cams kept a descent rate of fps (usually more than 12)

It looks like these machines have a crap processor that is not able to keep up feeding with descent rates of full promised fps in both network and recording.

I hope this will work for you.