andyh747

Help with Mic on Dahua DVR

Hi All,

I've just attached a mic to my Dahua DVR (iApollo Pro branded by QVIS). I've enabled the audio but am having issues with hearing the sound. I've only been able to test it on my iPad through the app. I can just about hear sounds from the mic but it is extremely quiet. I'm testing the mic before placing in its final location so the sound should be loud and clear.

Anyone have any hints on increasing the sensitivity of the mic or adjusting the volume? Also should you get sound payback on recordings as well when played back through PSS software?

Many Thanks.

Is it an amplified mic? Your problem might be due to a bad quality mic.

You have to make sure you enable audio on your streams on the cameras you want to have audio. You can enable it on main stream, extra stream, or both. On live play I think you will get audio even if you are not recording it, but of course if you want to have audio on playback, you have to record it.

What kind of mic are you using? Even the cheap dedicated cctv mics are good, so I'd recommend you use a cctv mic. Look everywhere you can in the dvr menu for mic volume. I have a q-see dvr but I suspect it's a dahua as well. Dig around every menu and see if there's a volume control for mic/audio. Turn it up full. That will give you excellent volume. I don't use PSS software but there should be a volume slider and even mute for audio, I would think. You may have to be on the video channel that the audio is on to hear it though. If audio is on channel 1, you probably won't hear it if you're clicked on channel 2. Audio should record with picture as well, but test it and make sure it's there after converting to AVI and playing the file back. Sometimes audio can be flaky after conversion, so just make sure it's working properly.

Thanks for the replies.

The mic is an amplified one and is designed for CCTV.

I've been through all the menus on the DVR but can't find any volume control for the audio. I have enabled audio on the stream the mic is connected to i.e. channel 1. as mentioned I can hear the sound via the iPad app but it's very quiet. I'll have another dig round in the menus and see if I've missed anything. So far haven't managed to hear anything on playback although I've enabled audio recording on the relevant stream..... I think

Check in PSS for default volume settings, check the ipad mixer settings and see if there's any additional audio settings, and yes- dig fully in the dvr menus for audio settings. You may not have volume control, but make sure you've looked everywhere.

Have succeeded in getting it working.... schoolboy error on my part!

The audio inputs on the back of my unit are not labelled so I assumed they were numbered left to right. However they are actually numbered from right to left 1 - 4. Anyway I was listening to the wrong output!!

Thanks for the replies guys

Further to the above.

The DVR has four BNC inputs for audio on channels 1-4. Audio input for the other channels is via DB25 input. Can anyone help with a suitable connecting cable for this? Ideally it would be good to have a DB25 to phono connection to connect the mic or mics to the relevant channels. There's no info from Dahua that I can find which shows the pin designations for this connector.

Thanks for any pointers.

Hi,

I also have Audio Problems with my Dahua DVR:

I tried to add an external microphone with the CAM1 on my Dahua DVR.

I undersand that 4 RCA input on back panel are for Channel 1 to 4 and for 5 to 8 (or to 16) the connection is thru DB25 connector.

I try to check the box "Audio/Video" on the "System Config, Encode"" for the Channel 1. (This box is unchecked for all other channels)

I can't hear any audio on the "Channel 1" RCA !

Just a small sound on Channel 4 RCA connector !

I tried to connect the MIC to RCA 1 to 4 and I can only listening to a small audio sound when the MIC is on the RCA channel 4 attached !

The mic is a small "Surveillance RCA CCTV Mic Microphone Sound Monitor CCTV Sound pick-up Camera " like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Surveillance-RCA-CCTV-Mic-Microphone-Sound-Monitor-CCTV-Sound-pick-up-Camera-/281676080029?hash=item419533e39d:g:XqwAAOxyw3NTlxmK

My questions:

- Are this sort of microphone a joke or usable to hear audio on DVR ?

- If I check the channel 1 "Audio/Video" box on the DVR, I can only hear the microphone sound attached on the channel 1 RCA connector ? (I f I check the Channel 2 is only RCA Channel 2, etc.)

- Where can I find pinout for this DB25 connector. Anybody have this pinout ?? (nothing on the manual)

Many thanks for your help.

Regards.

i have dahua 8 ch with 8 audio in for 8 mics

i already install and do all connection but i have problem that i hear the voice from mics live only

as i take backup from previous days i found only videos and no voice recording

i do a step in encode that activate voice for all ch but still the problem

i use flash memory to obtain backup and i show in in laptop with smart player from dahua

hope you help me