ryne661

H.264 Connect through iPhone, No Port Option

After weeks of trying to view my security cameras through internet explorer I finally found a fix this morning. After lowering all the security settings in the Internet Options for ActiveX I still received the error "ActiveX needs to be installed from disc or download: Here" but the link was broke and I never received a disc. I found this handy file (attached) online after hundred of Google queries refreshed the page and voila!

Now to the next problem, connecting through a mobile device. In the instruction manual for the generic h.264 DVR that I received in a PDF after multiple attempts to contact the ebay seller it lists that this DVR is compatible with the option for mobile view.

Ebay link for dvr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-CH-Channel-CCTV-DVR-Video-Security-Record-System-8-Outdoor-Camera-Night-Vision-/271042090684?

PDF Instructions attached

In the menu options of the DVR there is no mobile port selection.

My options are: TCP, HTTP, & UDP

TCP is set to 34567

UPD is set to 37778

HTTP is set to 8080

In sub menus I have:

UpNp

-External HTTP Port is set to 8080

-External TCP Port is set to 34568

I also have a sub menu for RTSP that I do not know what it is for

Listen port is set to 554

UPD Start port is 20000

UPD Port Num is set to 1000

In order to access the DVR I go to 64.7.***.**:8080 and it works perfect

Ports open in dvr (All selected as TCP & UPD)

Everytime I download a new app to view cameras I try every port and I usually get a failed to load after multiple attempts, but I believe I do not have the right settings setup in the DVR. All other instructions I have found online for similar DVR's have an option for mobile port. Is mine called something else?

Just so you know.

I'm stuck here too.

Please let me know if get this to work on your mobile device.

Thanks. Tas (Dave)

port 100 is your mobile port

Go into the substream settings and set it at QCIF and turn down the quality/FPS until u get it connected then you can turn the settings up a bit

Have you set up a DDNS account?

Ports open on router?

Checked the ports are open via - www.canyouseeme.org

Thanks for that. I'll give port 100 in the iphone app a try.

Do I need to change the dvr network setup to 100 in place of the 5050 that's in there now or is it just the iphone app "vmeye" that needs to be set to port 100 ?

Your other tip of changing the substream might help too. I just thought the image would not refresh, but you're saying it can stop me from even connecting?

I'm just trying to get it to work on my local network first as I think I can manage the port forwarding stuff ok once I get it working on my local network.

I was just trying to simplify things by getting it to work on the LAN first as well it would be handy for my wife to be able to view it on her ipad without having to fire up the PC if she's home on her own.

Still can't connect to my Sunluxy SL-8808 with my iphone or ipad on my internal network.

Anyone got this to work.

As I said, I can connect to the web interface from the PC using Internet Explorer but not with the mobile device.

I'm just trying to get it working locally first so that I don't have any port forwarding issues.

Any help would be most appreciated.

I'm going to come in on this post which appears to be the same issue in another post of which, I must of misunderstood what you were trying to do and had another poster question my instructions in regard to ports. Really don't understand why you would want to access your network with your phone when you say you can do it on your PC, besides being able to access your system directly with the DVR. My son just had an issue getting his android phone connected to his DVR via the internet (WAN) address. He was also trying to connect to his network and I asked him if he had his phone set to wifi or internet. Never got an answer, but he did get connected to his DVR system remotely by using the WAN address. He first tried by entering his WAN address with the :port number on the end of it, of which it didn't work. After entering the proper WAN address without the port number he was able to connect properly. There are youtube video's on the internet in regard to setting up the iphone. Just ignore the inserted port number in the video and insert yours (100 - if that's the right one).

Dennis

Once again thanks for the reply.

I must not be explaining myself very well.

The reason for trying to connect with the iphone on my wan is to just get it working without having the added complication of port forwarding. Once I get it working there then I'll move on to getting it to from outside my network.

The iphone app doesn't allow you to add the ip address then the port number on one line as a url in a browser. It requires the ip address, then on a separate line the port number.

I've tried many ports as suggested in these forums including changing the port in the dvr network setup. With and without a password set in the config on the dvr.

I still can't connect. I'm beginning to think it's just this crappy dvr I have.

The youtube vids you mention deal mainly with the port forwarding side and the ports they use don't work with my dvr.

Has anyone actually got this model of Sunluxy SL-8808 ?????????

In my searching. These models looks the same but branded differently

VG-H8808 and TW-DH8808W

Ok, what you're wanting to do is to try to connect on the "LAN" (Local Area Network). The outside world is the "WAN" (Wide Area Network).

You're right, in that a port number isn't required for the LAN, but is for the WAN.

To access the dvr on the LAN, you need to know what the LAN IP address is for the DVR, ie;

192.168.0.?

10.0.0.?

as examples.

What is the LAN address for your DVR?

Then to access the dvr from the WAN, you need to know what your WAN address is, ie;

50.129.168.?? (plus the port if needed)

129.456.254.?? (plus the port if needed)

as examples.

Your WAN address will be what you find when you go to whatismyip.com

Now, maybe somebody with the same model as yours can give you the proper port number for remote access, once you're ready for it.

Dennis

"You're right, in that a port number isn't required for the LAN, but is for the WAN." I don't think this is correct.

As I understand it:

The app on the iphone still requires the same information.

ie. either the LAN or WAN IP address AND the Port Number.

I do know the IP address for both my LAN and WAN and can connect using a PC with Internet Explorer from both my LAN and WAN, but it's the port that's stopping me connect with the iphone app I believe.

I view my 8 live H.264 DVR Networked cameras on both iPhone and iPad from anywhere in the world using an APP STORE application called IP Cam Viewer.

It took me ages how to figure out how to set it all up, but my big tip is to use "Scan Camera" to find what's compatible with the camera you have.