HiddenMountain

Intellex Password reset

I recently bought a used Intellex LT 4.3 DVR. The seller kept the hard drive but gave me a password so I could access it once I got a new one.

Got the new HDD and installed it today but the password is invalid.

It's too big to be a good paper weight, so does anyone have any ideas on how to get into this thing? I did a search already and there doesn't seem to be any other threads related to this, however in one thread, a reply was given that the password reset shouldn't be a big deal. Haha, it is if you don't know how.

The seller was going out of business and their number is now disconnected, so that option has vaporized.

Thanks in advance...

Haha, thanks tip ex, I was just going to do that!

Yes, the issue was resolved with the credit going to tip ex. I did a search and discovered another, much older thread that he'd replied to, regarding Intellex DVR's. That thread died, but the fact that he knew his stuff prompted me to send him a PM. He not only replied right away, but after a few days he guided me through the process and now it's working just fine.

Thanks tip ex, your help was invaluable! And thanks for this forum where we can come and find answers!

And, as for the Intellex... wow, what a nice machine. Obviously it's a bit much for a home system, but for light commercial it's the Mercedes of DVR's. I have it, and the rest of the system, for sale in the classified section, however, I might have it sold to a gas station in my area. I have to say, I am just loving this stuff. There's lot's to learn and the practical application of thwarting the bad guys is just a bonus!

Hey from eastern Canuckistan... I presume you got your Intellex box from Zellers during their demise... I too got one and have the same issue and just upped the Ram to 2 gb, and the HDD to 2 tb... had to buy a restore disc unfortunately and so am into it for some substantial coin... although for what it is I should be able to recoup as it was only a little better than a year old (2011 model bought 2012)...came with NO cameras but just a monitor and HP laser printer...anyway, any assistance in getting it running would be great as I am in the middle of resetting the BIOS after putting the drive in and awaiting the restore disc and Ram chip...thanks from DG

Hey from eastern Canuckistan... I presume you got your Intellex box from Zellers during their demise... I too got one and have the same issue and just upped the Ram to 2 gb, and the HDD to 2 tb... had to buy a restore disc unfortunately and so am into it for some substantial coin... although for what it is I should be able to recoup as it was only a little better than a year old (2011 model bought 2012)...came with NO cameras but just a monitor and HP laser printer...anyway, any assistance in getting it running would be great as I am in the middle of resetting the BIOS after putting the drive in and awaiting the restore disc and Ram chip...thanks from DG

Hey elreplica,

Keep me posted and when you get the restore disks let me know. I'll do what I can to help.

Wish I had thought about their CCTV systems when I heard they were selling "everything". I'm from CanuckEASTan as well.

Wish I had thought about their CCTV systems when I heard they were selling "everything". I'm from CanuckEASTan as well.

haha, yeah, everything meant everything... I got the idea from Sean from Ne!!y's, who is another one who has vanished from this forum. I remembered him telling me that when he started he bought used systems to resell. The PTZ I bought from him was from an old Target store actually. (weird. It won't let me post his name...)

So I now have this amazing, expensive as heck, DVR sitting here, hoping to find a good home. I did get 12 cameras with the sale, as well as two monitors, 3 TV's, and about 2 miles of cable. And, just for good measure, the guy I borrowed the skyjack from gave me all of the extension cords that were up in the ceiling too, about 1000' of them!

But until I sell the stuff, it's a capital loss to me...

Sean got hit with the banhammer and is one of the sites that gets censored on here. Kind of foolish actually.

I can see banning the PERSON for crossing a line, but the whole changing names into periods, substituting one brand name for another, etc really undermines the credibility of this site. Who knows what to trust if posters' words are twisted and changed invisibly with no tagline announcing that some words in the post are lies through no fault of the poster? It's disgusting. I can understand automatically changing swear words into asterisks but when that happens everybody knows what is going on. Changing one brand into another? Deceitful and unworthy.

As far as the money spent on used "inventory", I think I'd consider it an investment that decreases your short term liquidity. It's only a loss if you sell it for less than you paid for it. Well, except for interest costs and potential lost investment opportunities due to shortage of funds. Ya gotta love playing with money.

Sean got hit with the banhammer and is one of the sites that gets censored on here. Kind of foolish actually.

I can see banning the PERSON for crossing a line, but the whole changing names into periods, substituting one brand name for another, etc really undermines the credibility of this site. Who knows what to trust if posters' words are twisted and changed invisibly with no tagline announcing that some words in the post are lies through no fault of the poster? It's disgusting. I can understand automatically changing swear words into asterisks but when that happens everybody knows what is going on. Changing one brand into another? Deceitful and unworthy.

Dang... When did all this happen?

Year ago maybe? It was before my time when the hammer was swung but I've figured out bits and pieces by watching posts since I've been here.

Year ago maybe? It was before my time when the hammer was swung but I've figured out bits and pieces by watching posts since I've been here.

Huh... He was one of the most helpful guys on here. I don't like censorship in any form. I might not like what someone says but dang it, they should have a right to say it, if for no other reason than to be a bad example!

From what I've heard it was from shilling his own product in an excessive way which is against forum policy. Touchy subject on here with so many newbies replying to questions with "buy my stuff, here's my website". I've got no issue with him being banned (not his website, not his rules), but the shifty way in which words are automatically substituted for others.

Picture, say, one of the Avigilon guys stepping over the line and getting banned and afterwards having all references to Avigilon getting changed to Axis. That's an extreme example but without a stated public notice or obvious substitution warning how will people (especially new posters/readers) know what to trust? I *THINK* that the only substitution going on is for a rebranded Dahua name getting changed to Dahua, but how does anybody know for sure?

IMHO, to regain some credibility, name-changing has to stop. At worst, changing a brand to asterisks would make the forum's vengeance obvious. To set things back to normal, people who abide by forum rules should be able to discuss whatever brands/rebrands they want to. If Sean crossed a line and got banned, well, he has to live with it and stay banned. Keeping other people from being able to discuss the problems with him allegedly shilling his own stuff? Not right. Why can't he suffer through the court of public opinion like everybody else?

Hey there Installer, I received my disc and it's the correct one but every time I start up the system message reads media read failure and asks me to hit a key to reboot. Nothing happens and because I come from a Mac world, I never spent too much time with DOS...which might help me now Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dear All,

I need the password to get access into the disable menu.

Hello. I am not sure I understand your request. Can you say it in other words?