rfjunks

H.264 DVR Firmware UPGRADE Help

Im very new to whole DVR scene, and looking for some guidance from PROs on this forum

After a very long search on Internet I was able to find my DVR Manufacturer Site

My model is ELEC PRO SE HS1508 but its exactly same in SPECS as this DVR ED-8CHD

http://eleccctv.com/proshow.asp?sendid=69

My DVR current software shows System/Build as V2.62.R07 / 2011-03-16 11:26:24

I am trying to find an updated firmware, in hopes of better stability/features/optimization, especially DynDNS being paid now.

After a lot of searching through Chinese sites, I found couple of other firmware numbers mentioned along with mine

V2.82.R09.20625001

3.4.02Release

V4.00.R10.08431034.1

I also happened to find a few PDFs which had V4.00.R10 on it and the UI screenshots in them were exactly

like mine.

I am wondering if these firmwares are generic and can be installed on most of the DVRs supporting Embedded Linux?

And if its the case, can someone point me to the latest Firmwares.

Thanks in advance " title="Applause" />

Hi,

Did you find out how to upgrade the firmware of your DVR ? I have exactly the same DVR and I'm also looking to upgrade the firmware. BTW, did you notice that box support telnet ? but I don't know how to use it (username/password is not documented...).

Thanks

I haven't got any help on it yet over for firmware upgrades.

I am aware that Telnet is open and I blocked everything in my firewall except 3 ports for Internet Viewing.

If you know the Telnet Credentials, I can try to use it for partial/unofficial upgrades especially for codec if not complete official firmware. I have found a few files for related DVRs but still not confident to put stuff into it unless I get telnet access.

Can you please send them in PM.

Thanks in advance.

telnet login is "root" password is most probably "xc3511"

could you please post links to these firmware files, im having some problems with that dvr and need to try different firmwares.

btw it has rs232 ttl port inside and uboot bootloader so if firmware is wrong there is always way to get back to the old one

Thanks for the telnet root password, it is working

So it is running busybox (linux embedded os) but very stripped. Do you know where (which folder) it store the video files and I can find any ftp or ssh client ?

Regards.

This post is about a month old, but I just came across it and the password was useful. Are there any updates on this?

I am frustrated with my DVR crashing and failing to FTP. I hope to get ftpd or ssh running so that my NAS can pull files off.

Thanks for the telnet root password, it is working

Do you know where (which folder) it store the video files and I can find any ftp or ssh client ?.

Inside it seems to be a bit chaotic. Deliberate obfuscation or laughable technical decision making? I doubt we'll ever know.

I'm doing some playing now, I thought I had things down, but everytime I try and mount the disk it crashes.

hi, any update of this... i have a DVR OUKU, i have the file to upgrade but i dont know how to, anyone can help me...

Does anyone know how to change the boot up logo / splash screen

I have root access to the box and have found a pile of .gif image files in /mnt/pic but none of these are the screen that is shown at boot up

does anyone know the file format and location

hi, any update of this... i have a DVR OUKU, i have the file to upgrade but i dont know how to, anyone can help me...

Can you share the firmware file?..

Hi.

I'm in the same boat. My current firmware is v2.82.r09.06122003. I'm pretty sure the firmware upgrade is located here:

http://www.everpro.biz/down/html/?64.html

I haven't tried it yet because I don't know the actual model number of my DVR. It is labeled "ELEC H.264 DVR."

No info or downloads at eleccctv.com... This is something I'll be thinking about when I want to save a few bucks on my next purchase. Of anything.

Anyway.... A note to those who may have stumbled upon this post in search of firmware for a different but similar DVR (such as the 24 or 32ch), you might try changing the 64 in the last part of the URL to view other available downloads.

For example...

http://www.everpro.biz/down/html/?34.html

...is the download link for a helmet cam user manual

http://www.everpro.biz/down/html/?59.html

...is the download link for what might also be the firmware for my 16ch DVR

Hopefully this info helps somebody. And if you have the ELEC 16ch DVR and upgraded with success, please post how. Thanks!

Tim

Hi

I too have spent a lot of time on this over the past 1-2 years ... I have found a few viewers that connect to my DVR but never any firmware! However, I may have done so now ... although have not yet tried to upgrade ... and a little hesitant to do so given my system is actually working well). However, anyone else who has a system that needs upgrading might want to try the firmware at this website (there are screenshots of the software that might help build confidence!)

http://www.naraitech.co.th/index.php?product=3&lang=en&type=4

Hope it helps!

Graham

Hi,

Did you find out how to upgrade the firmware of your DVR ? I have exactly the same DVR and I'm also looking to upgrade the firmware. BTW, did you notice that box support telnet ? but I don't know how to use it (username/password is not documented...).

Thanks

Hi,

Any change someone know the telnet root password for the new firmware?

V4.02.R11.00001532.10010

This manufacturer of all this XM !!! www.xiongmaitech.com.

Sometimes it happens that by changing the firmware version, the manufacturer is specially made ​​so that on older models do not install. While examining the contents of the firmware update can be done both manually and build and rebuild custom firmware.

Even if something goes wrong, then having videregistrator on hands at all times it can be restored.

Provide the link to your firmware!

Another change: [link]http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=2318430757&shareid=1543663768&third=6[/link]

Use the bottom right button to download. Let me know if it works out or not.

It's IPC firwmware!

This firmware already I had!

What do you want to do it?

Telnet password?

Yes i know it, but I do not see any reason to publish it in the open!

I already wrote about a similar password from Dahua.

You tell me exactly what you need to do in the end?

Another change: [link]http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=2318430757&shareid=1543663768&third=6[/link]

Use the bottom right button to download. Let me know if it works out or not.

It's IPC firwmware!

This firmware already I had!

What do you want to do it?

Telnet password?

Yes i know it, but I do not see any reason to publish it in the open!

I already wrote about a similar password from Dahua.

You tell me exactly what you need to do in the end?

The password is NOT "xc3511" , I tried that one. Previous versions did work.

I want to mount a drive to save stream and set the time correct.

Timestamp on snapshots are always wrong even when I use the ntp server time on the snapshot is wrong....

This is the version I have installed right now: General_HZXM_IPC_HI3518C_50H10L_V4.02.R11.20140417_ALL.bin

It still has time issues and no mount to simulate local storage because I cannot log into it with telnet how I did previously.

Timestamp on snapshots are always wrong even when I use the ntp server time on the snapshot is wrong....

Yes password completely different!

Save video streams? Why? Where to?

There are standard methods to acquire the video with these cameras.

I have not heard about the problems with time synchronization with this manufacturer.

Yes password completely different!

Save video streams? Why? Where to?

There are standard methods to acquire the video with these cameras.

I have not heard about the problems with time synchronization with this manufacturer.

I does synchronize with ntp service, BUT the snapshot images and the folder where the images are stored are wrong!

I does synchronize with ntp service, BUT the snapshot images and the folder where the images are stored are wrong!

This is observed in all versions of firmware for this IPС?

Often need to synchronize and then should be no problem.

I honestly can not imagine how you are going to or are already doing manually start the synchronization ???

Edited by Guest

Multiple things can be done if I have telnet access. One is remote reboot for example, but alot of nice things if you use the busybox functionality...unfortunately nobody knows the new root password for the latest IPC firmware.

One other question: what is the url to retreive a snapshot ?

IP CAM: Super Mini P2P 720P dome ip camera with Night Vision, 1/4 COMS Sensor,1280*720