Hdn

Circuit board #GM8182T No Name H.264 DVR

217255_1.jpg

I have purchased on Ebay a No Name H.264 DVR (circuit board #GM8182T)with v01.00.00.32(4CIF 128M) as firmware.

I was able to configure the DVR (with some difficulty to understand the included translated manual),

I can access the DVR , as long as I stay within my own network.

I also configured it, for access outside my own network. (the easy and temporary way is DMZ)

The DVR asked me for the username and password and the four section video Splash page would present it self, but not the video.

The vendor told me it only will work with Windows explorer 7.

Absolutely no further help from the vendor.

That is where I am now. No remote video.( even with explorer 7)

The Meye_WM aps for my mobile windows 6.1 smartphone works both outside and inside my home Network

I have not tried email and FTP.

I noticed an identification on the printed board "GM8182T XSA V1.6." and found, Grain Media in Shenzhen City, 518057 China to be the manufacturer of this board see

http://www.grain-media.com/html/8186_87_82_83.htm

I emailed them for more info and or an upgrade to the present firmware file

So far no response and at this time I do not expect any response .

There must be more info about this device because it is very frequently advertised on EBAY.

Anybody who can shed some light on this no name device , it would be very much appreciated.

I suggest to identify this DVR by the printed circuit board name "GM8182T"

hi there ,

i have the same dvr and i did used explorer 7 to configre it

i was wondering if you can hep me with my dvr

i forgot the password , and i did tried to removethe battery from it but it still asking me for the password , ( maybe the factory password) can you please help me maybe you know what is the factory password for the dvr ?

or maybe you have a way to reset the dvr ?

please help

thanks lot

Hi there

I have the same problem with my admin password

So I flashed the card and now i am looking for the firmware

Can someone send me a backup of there own. I tried to contact the grain-media for 1 week now no answer at all!

Please I really this asap ...

And how can I reprogramm the device ....... i have usb cable vgd db9 tftp server+Tera Term

The red led still on when i plugged in !!

Thanks in advance

hi there ,

i have the same dvr and i did used explorer 7 to configre it

i was wondering if you can hep me with my dvr

i forgot the password , and i did tried to removethe battery from it but it still asking me for the password , ( maybe the factory password) can you please help me maybe you know what is the factory password for the dvr ?

or maybe you have a way to reset the dvr ?

please help

thanks lot

Try this for H.264 DVR (board #GM8182T).

Simplified configuration, to access menu controls on a local network, new install or after factory reset

1. Default password is blank, no password.

2. Set Password in Main/Advanced/ Account (use for now 00000)

3. Set Network parameters Ip address, DHCP and port #’s ( Main/System/Network)

Start with check mark the “ DHCP” to connect to the network and then change to a fixed address as follows . Uncheck DHCP

see example:

- IP address 192.168.1.52 (utilize the IP address given by your router)

- Subnet 255.255.255.0

- Gateway 192.168.1.1

- Primary DNS 192.168.1.1

- Secondary DNS 0.0.0.0

TCP port 10000

http port 88

Monitor port 13499

4. Only Windows Explorer will work, and must be in “compatibility view”

5. IF NO NETWORK ACCESS, TRY TO CYCLE HTTP PORT SETTINGS

http port 88/DHCP/80/DHCP/88/ DHCP off----after each change save (this worked for me)

6. If Windows explorer still cannot access menu, recycle the software ( no need to factory reset)

Mainmenu/system/logout/reboot

Edited by Guest

Hi there

I have the same problem with my admin password

So I flashed the card and now i am looking for the firmware

Can someone send me a backup of there own. I tried to contact the grain-media for 1 week now no answer at all!

Please I really this asap ...

And how can I reprogramm the device ....... i have usb cable vgd db9 tftp server+Tera Term

The red led still on when i plugged in !!

Thanks in advance

I would help you if you could tell me how to copy the firmware from my GM8182T DVR

Edited by Guest

hi I have a DVR with a GM8182T firmware ...

I am also the most urgent firmware for it ... is really important

Hi guys, I have a slightly different problem with the same unit off eBay, I installed all the cameras and set it up and as it got dark outside I noticed the video (nite vision) wasn't all that so I decided to go into the main menu and check the settings to see if there was anything there that I might be able to improve the quality with, in Display I checked the resolution, there were two options and thought I would try the second option and change it back if nothing altered.

I hit save the box beeped the screen flashed off and on, nothing had changed the quality hadn't changed however the curser had gone, without a curser I cant get into the menu to change it back or for that matter check recordings or anything else, I powered off and back on, still the same, opened the box removed the battery to reset the CMOS, still the same.

Does anyone have a clue how to reset these things to factory default or re installing the firmware without going through the menu

Update for "GM8182T No Name H.264 DVR"

http://milantrend.com/4CHupdate

is this really firmware update for board

GM8182T-XSA-V1.6

AT-3L-K10

I need to flash my firmware I'm having trouble setting up email notification not sending on my email i already port forwarding on my router any one here know what is the problem?

smtp: smtp.gmail.com

sender: my 1st email add

receiver: my 2nd email add

password: my 1st email add

port:465 or 567

enable: SSL or TLS

any success setting up email notification ? any one here know how to setup the www.dddns.org/‎ server

i don't know the password for that but there is default server name and also i don't know the password if i try to access the dvr address using telnet :s

So anyone found how to reset to factory?

All i know using cms and ie u can reset the setting

but before i forgot my password and can't enter i remove the button battery for about 30min. then put it back all setting is reset and my password was reset to blank password and user name is Admin maybe 10 attempt failed to enter the login screen u need to wait 30-60min. before u can try your password.

So anyone found how to reset to factory?

All i know using cms and ie u can reset the setting

but before i forgot my password and can't enter i remove the button battery for about 30min. then put it back all setting is reset and my password was reset to blank password and user name is Admin maybe 10 attempt failed to enter the login screen u need to wait 30-60min. before u can try your password.

Thx,but problem is that cms cannot connect to dvr, I don't know why.I can see dvr in router,web page of dvr works,but login no,login failed always.Any method to reset by hardware?

somebody asked about password reset

I think I had same issue and logged in as a guest then formatted the hardrive

The other one I did was put a bigger hardrive in using easeaus partition manager and cloning the small partiton as a seperate partition

I then created the second partition on the the new hardrive to fat 32

It was one of those two if I remember that cleared the original password from the unit

Hope this helps somebody on here

The smaller partition on the hardrive is the operating system

So Im assuming that the locked password was actually on the fat 32 partition