bluestar

Dahua hybrid dvr/nvr power issue (self boot)

I have installed a rebranded Dahua hybrid dvr model #HYBDVR-LT016480 with (16) analog cams and (2) ip bullet [#IPOB-EL2MPIR50L3312] cams for a customer last Oct and evrything worked initially until about a month ago my customer brought to my attention that the unit would suddenly turn off and reboot on its own. After checking the log I realized that it was happening for quite sometime (2-3 months) and to make things worse I checked three other units I have installed since then (at different job sites) and they are all doing the same thing. They each log the same "reboot with flag[00x01]" randomly at night, sometimes in the morning or afternoon (completely sporadic) and the only common denominators I can think of is they are all plugged into surge protectors (not power conditioners) and also they all use 8 port netgear POE switches between nvr and cams.

Will this problem become progressivley worse? Should I plug units straight to wall receptacle? Should I be using power conditioners? If so which type? Is there any other ideas anyone has? Has anyone else experienced this prob? Am I even looking in the right direction?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thx

Um... dont know. I purchased all units between Oct 2012 and May 2013. I assumed that firmware would be current. I can check one of the units now. Didnt think about that being a prob. I'll post firmware version in a few minutes. thx

Not sure if this is the answer to firmware question but under "query system info" "version" the following is listed Item Status

S/N PA3CF00500189

Bios Version 2.608.GV00.0,build:2013-2-19

Login to the unit and look for a maintenance menu, once there look for anything related to a nightly or monthly reboot, these are often set to yes and cause the units to reboot.

Usually these reboots happen with no issues, but some units don't like them and fail to restart properly.

With a reboot flag of 00x01, it isn't an auto maintenance restart.

Here is some steps you can take to eliminate if it is a power issue:

1. Remove all cameras from the unit. If there are HDDs in the unit, remove those. Let the unit run for an extended period of time and see if there are any reboots.

a. If this corrects the issue, then more than likely it is either the wall outlet not giving out enough power to the entire setup OR one of the HDDs are going bad. Test the HDDs on a PC (an external enclosure comes in handy for this) to see if they have any errors. There are quite a few free SMART and HDD diagnostic software programs to be found if you Google for them.

2. If it still reboots, try plugging the unit directly into a different wall outlet. Do another extended test.

3. If it still reboots, try a different power adapter for the DVR.

4. If at this point it still reboots, it is probably is a bad unit. Many of these units are rated for about 131°F. Make sure you aren't letting it run in an high temperature environment. Physically check the unit for heat after the test by putting your hand on the bottom of the unit. You can tell if it is overheating. Also smell the unit, sometimes you can tell if the board has been fried.

Firmware sometimes may correct the issue, but from my experience, a rebooting or freezing unit is usually a power issue or a faulty main board issue.

Hi, I am curious did you manage to solve the reboot problem on the Dahua dvr´s hybrid? I have the same issue, hybrid reboots once every other month or so, really doesn´t cause any major problems ( and I already unchecked the option of reboot in auto maintenance) .

But my problem still is this: I have a lcd monitor with special setup in a another location for bar owners to watch over the place whilst preparing food. When system reboots, the monitor resets itself, you can see every camera on the screen - but special setup feature has to be setup manually again and again and afdnakfb sdfjdflnvlknv dvndnv !

best regards

Eythor

all the way from Iceland

Hello Ethor,

I apologize for the late response but to be honest I have never really figured out what makes these units periodically reboot. But I have narrowed it down to the point that it seems this only happens at certain locations, meaning I have switched out problem dvrs with new ones and the same problem occurs. When I bring the problem units to test at home or move to another location, the problem goes away. I assume the problem is related to the power service in the building. If you have to reset monitor settings every time a reboot occurs then I would suggest changing your setup.