RIPE

How to Apply Dahua Firmware to DVR

I have a problem with my Dahua hybrid DVR-9116HFI-H16. All cameras and DVR are able to connect outside of network via my external IP address : xx.xxx.xx.xxx:http port.

When configuring the cameras to the DVR with the remote device setting only channel 17 is able to be configured and make a connection. Channel 18-36 are unable to be configured. In the encode settings for cameras 18-32 DVR does not show any changeable settings. In other words, only channel 17 can be displayed on the monitor.

I have the firmware from the vendor but few instructions that I understand. I tried to connect to RS232 to find the port with NCOM but cannot stop DVR from rebooting. Vendor provided firmware. I want to apply the firmware and want to know if anyone knows how to apply the firmware without bricking the DVR. I would like to use a thumb drive if possible.

Here is a list of the files in the 9100HFI-HX NTSC eng .rar archive:

- General_DVRxx04HX-U-NVR_Eng_PN_TVC_V2.608.0000.0.R.20120917 (VLC media file .bin) 13,586 KB

- u-boot.bin (disc image file) 173 KB

- update (disc image file) 13,417

Assume that I know nothing about these files or the procedures to add firmware to the DVR.

Oh, ok, one many rebranded units. That is a DH-DVR1604HF-U.

You are not able to add more cameras? Because you will not have any settings to adjust for channers 17 and up until you add a camera on them.

Dahua hybrid DVR-9116HFI-H16 sold by Linovision directly from China ( http://www.linovision.com/en/products/dvr-nvr/hybrid-dvr/dvr-9100hfi-hx.html).

IP cameras can be logged into and viewed with Web Service 3.0. DVR can be logged into and viewed with Web Service 2.0. One IP camera shows up on channel 17 but no other cameras can be added because Encode in the DVR Config is grayed out.

The real issue is how to add firmware and fix the DVR encode problem so all IP cameras will display on DVR and monitor in channels 17-32. Vendor supplied the firmware he is willing to replace the DVR if the firmware does not fix the problem or bricks the DVR. Expense of shipping the $728 DVR back to China are the last resort.

Vendor said only .bin file is necessary. A knowledgable cctvforum member said solution was (see below):

"To apply the firmware put the image file (it will prob be something like "kernel.img") into the root of the thumb drive, (take it out of any folders or zips it might be in).You may have two USB ports in the DVR one may be USB back up put the thumb drive in there switch the DVR on wait till it does its thing switch DVR off take thumb drive out reboot DVR, if your lucky away it will go all fixed."

I just need a second opinion on that. I see an "update.img" and a "uboot.img" and a "General_DVRxx04HX-U-NVR_Eng_PN_TVC_V2.608.0000.0.R.20120917.bin." If the solution is to place all into root of the USB thumb drive and start the DVR then MAYBE its that easy.

Edited by Guest

Anyone ever seen or heard of RECUpgrade Ver1.15 (2003) also known as REC Net Upgrad?? This is the tool I am suppose to use to upgrade my firmware on a Dahua DVR.

PDF and DOCX files were not allowed in this post and the limit for images was only three images per post. Yeah... here is 3 of 4 pages? " title="Applause" />

This is "the tool" I am supposed to use to upgrade my DVR firmware. Where it is located is unknown. Maybe it runs on my laptop and that is how the firmware is upgraded.

EDIT EDIT EDIT Scroll down and you will find The Holy Grail, DVR Upgrade Tool, Ver1.16. Thank you MindTwist (or is it twisted mind?)

1783753750_UpgradeToolOperation1.16instructor_Page_1.thumb.jpg.baf7190d011b6833c98ef3fd60ac99b1.jpg

2050748229_UpgradeToolOperation1.16instructor_Page_2.thumb.jpg.3d8b1eff93bad5eaa14f23c709fa654e.jpg

974938175_UpgradeToolOperation1.16instructor_Page_3.thumb.jpg.88a0126d3cad5ce9108a15e3db1d74da.jpg

Edited by Guest

http://www.dahuasecurity.com -> Support -> Software -> Player and tools -> 1.16REC-Upgrade tool.rar

MindTwist, very good. Thank you.

It doesn't include the instructions but another hour of digging and I might find it.

Why are the oriental vendors so secretive about their primitive camera software?

My real question is, after this (or if this) software bricks my DVR.... will the vendor honor the one year warranty? Do they understand the term RMA?

If not then someone should be building these security toys a little closer to home. India? No! Russia? Yes.

Attaching the instructions in an IMAGE file (cats out of the bag). Now you've got the whole bag of wax, I hope. To open click the picture and then the full screen button that will magically appear.

EDIT: The purpose of this software may be to restore a DVR that is completely hosed up as opposed to just needing a fix. The jury is still out.

EDIT: Dahua DVR Upgrade tool 1.16 upgraded the BIOS per the attached instructions but channel 17 is still the only channel that I can add an IP camera to.

The vendor will fix or swap the motherboard out; I pay for delivery to China and vendor pays for delivery back to me.

1563326000_DahuaDVRBiosUpgradeGuidep.2.thumb.png.b493b4827b306645bb45010e251e8a3e.png

1645947190_DahuaDVRBiosUpgradeGuidep.1.thumb.png.aba43d1cc054916bb22ff927f339daec.png