Robin2

Harddisk limitations for Aver EH1008H-4 Nano / NVR EXR6004-M

I learned that the avermedia DVR's take SATA hard-disks but not every type. Does anyone know the limitations? Is it (even with new firmware) a problem of not accepting and therefore having to avoid "advanced format" harddrives? Or is there another problem. I want a 2TB in the system (or more when possible).

Another question is which of these would you choose if it were 4 IP camera's of 1,3 MP (may be higher MP when prices drop) you wanted to record:

- EH1008H-4 NANO

- Aver NVR EXR6004-Mini

Specs on paper do not tell everything.

The compatible hard disk list gives an 404 error in Chinese that the file is not present. Often those files are no good anyway.

Come on there must be someone who knows which disks fit (especially 2TB), I tried to replace a dead hard disk in another model with a 2TB disk of the same brand and: nothing. The hard disk is not recognized. Before buying several hard disks I would like to know more about this.

I am sure there are folks out there with knowledge about this. Please drop a line here.

Hi. NANO will do 1.3 or mix of both upto 5mp.

harddrives western digital Seagate will do but don't use green. the dvr will formate drive on startup

Hi. NANO will do 1.3 or mix of both upto 5mp.

harddrives western digital Seagate will do but don't use green. the dvr will formate drive on startup

Thanks for the answer.

I tried a western digital AV-GP of 2TB. The AV-GP is for 24/7 use in DVR for multiple simultaneous streams according to the manufacturers website. I bought the 2TB version to replace the 1TB WD AV-GP version that had died but the 2TB disk keeps spinning up but is not recognized by the recorder and does not format. According to the old specs from the time the machine was produced it should accept a 2TB drive, and therefore I am wondering what is going on.

It is about 2,5 years old. It was already a while in the shop I bought it from so it could well be 3 years old.

It is about 2,5 years old. It was already a while in the shop I bought it from so it could well be 3 years old.

hi 3 years old then its not either Aver EH1008H-4 Nano / NVR EXR60. sounds like EB.

Yes the old unit is a EB series. The shop told me it takes 2TB drives, apparently wrong advice. I was thinking about advanced and traditional format drives because the limit for normal format drives lies at 2TB, bigger drives must be advanced format drives, nowdays almost every drive sold seems to be advanced format. It was hair pulling because of that advice I thought it might be the normal format/ advanced format issue or something else.

Strange limit 1TB. Is the unit capable of handling advanced format drives? Beause other drives are geting extremely rare to find even in 1TB.

Are the newer units EH1008H-4 Nano / NVR EXR6004-M capable of handling 2TB advanced format drives?