GSS_IIS

Have YOU Seen this DVR?

My first official post!

I need help identifying this beast.

So, I pulled this half-fried DVR out of the field to be replaced with equipment that's actually branded. ;p After futzing with it for an hour or so, I got the machine to come up (although I would swear it has epilepsy...), and to say that the controls are clumsy is to do a disservice to clunky, unfriendly interfaces everywhere.

It has no name brand on it, the model number on the foil sticker is blank, the software doesn't even herald its name. The Firmware version is nowhere to be located in the system, it literally flashes by on its own screen in hopes you aren't looking.

It's almost like the manufacturer was ashamed to put any identifying characteristics to it, although it DOES have a Serial Number

The Textual Specifics:

Country of Origin: Korea

Firmware Version: 2.89

SERIAL: DV1606121924

Power: 12v DC

Channels: 16, Each with a dedicated loop.

HDD: 1 x Seagate 250 GB PATA/IDE, P/N 9DC03E-501; system supports 2 Hard Drives

Chipset: Looks like Techwell and Averlogic had a mutant baby with an old Packard Bell PC. Risers, Risers everywhere.

Unusual Inputs: It has a pair of oddball Audio Inputs, one labeled '1-2' the second '3-4'. This one also has a DB9 Serial Port.

Other odd characteristics: The DVD Recorder is on the RIGHT hand side. I tried accessing it with a web browser (after setting it up on our test network) to no avail, so it does not appear to have a webserver built in.

Images next

IMG_20140224_172430_215.jpg.c4b6e999f064450ba3adcdc33e40c6e4.jpg

IMG_20140224_172439_763.thumb.jpg.cc56e651202f7fb9950383a55d3172c7.jpg

IMG_20140224_172527_469.thumb.jpg.8b7db9f50031e6cde3839482cde6e320.jpg

Edited by Guest

That's an oddball one.

I would throw it away , lol

Maybe the original owner could tell you who they bought it from?

I would, but the person who bought it originally was the same one that disabled it because he was embezzling, so has long since been removed from the client's operations. :>