Sumerian

NVR / DVR recomendation

I am starting from scratch, the wiring is all in place. I am going to deploy 6-7 dome IP cameras around the area. What are a few highly recommended DVR/ NVR models to use? The cameras will need power. I want to be able to access everything from near any device PC, iPhone, Tablets. I assume it is an NVR tht I am looking at right? Anything I am missing? Is it likely the NVR will provide all the power and have enough ports or will I need a switch and some kind of power injectors plus an NVR. Again thanks, please link me to some nicer hardware. Rackmount would be great.

SuM

Is there somewhere else I should be posting on this site a question like this? Kind of shocked I didn't get a few peoples favorite hardware suggestions.

If your cameras are POE powered (most new IP cameras are) I tend to prefer a POE mid-span to provide the power to the cameras. It takes some of the stress off of the NVR. As for hardware recommendations, Hikvision is a solid choice. I tend to go with the stuff from LT Security, but only because they are close to me and I can get support if required. We use their stuff in my office and in a few customer sites. The prices are very competitive, and they have a decent amount of choice. They only sell to integrators though, so you will need to buy it thru someone.

http://www.ltsecurityinc.com/