merckx

Cheap QVIS DVR for live viewing

Hello

I already have a CCTV system setup at home with some good quality cameras but the old Avtech DVR (AVD715) isn't capable of being accessed via an app on an android tablet and phone so I'm considering replacing it with a cheap QVIS DVR primarily for live viewing and maybe just the recording of the images from one camera.

I was surprised at how little I would have to pay for a QVIS DVR, only £89 on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321231352974?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Would one of these do the job, I was a little concerned that the technology might be a little dated and the live images might not be that good when only paying so little?

The dvr needs to come with a remote control.

Thanks

Edited by Guest

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/QVIS-iAPOLLO-SMART-8-CHANNEL-DVR-FULL-960H-1080P-HDMI-PSS-SOFTWARE-1000GB-HDD-/301121237436?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item461c3971bc

Newer version of the Qvis and 25fps on each channel record at 960 or D1

This will eat your Avtech for breakfast , replace the Avtech with this and you will see the difference, the APP allows playback etc

Shop around you can save £20 but these guys sell a lot of Qvis equipment and have good reputation

With all this rebranding it's ridiculous trying to compare one dvr with another !!!!!

The dvr in my first post is a QVIS model, is that a rebranded Dahua?

Neutech, the one you provided the link for is that a rebranded Dahua? It appears to be a Duhua DVR5108. ( It looks good but unfortunately it doesn't come with a remote control).

Should I be going for a rebranded Dahua or a QVIS made by themselves?

Chill...

No remote? use a wireless mouse instead way better menu operation than a remote control, gives you access to full keyboard so entering a day and time to do search is far easier than poken buttons on a remote

Yes that is a Dahau based unit and a good one at that compared to the old version you listed with only 6 FPS recording speed that unit will do 25 FPS so real time recordings and playback

A remote control is essential.

You might laugh. Haha

We live on a busy main road and our cat has a harness attached to a long chord which keeps him in the back garden, occasionally he gets tangled up and comes out of the harness. I always keep an eye on him when I'm at home, we have 3 camera's because there are blind spots in the garden so I'm constantly having to change camera depending on where he is.

A remote control is essential.

You might laugh. Haha

We live on a busy main road and our cat has a harness attached to a long chord which keeps him in the back garden, occasionally he gets tangled up and comes out of the harness. I always keep an eye on him when I'm at home, we have 3 camera's because there are blind spots in the garden so I'm constantly having to change camera depending on where he is.

Hi this is a good dvr

http://www.wmestore.co.uk/cctv/qvis-iapollo-hdrt-lite-4-channel-1tb-dvr.html