BAD311

DVR with motion detection email/iOS notification w/ PTZ

I have a client who has a couple requirements... and asking everyone on here may be quicker than doing 10 hrs of research (haha).

I need a DVR that can do the following:

- HD video quality (client needs to recognize faces CLEARLY in some cases 40-50 feet away both @ night and daytime)

- iOS/email push notification (where they can be alerted on their iPhone/iPad and open up software to view video in real time)

- PTZ with HD quality for day/night (with a mount to install on the side of a building or a post)

- PTZ camera(s) must be able to be controlled via iOS/web browser.

- 8 camera DVR support

- Either PoE network or BNC connections on DVR

I've installed multiple Samsung DVR's but we've had issues with their software on PC's and I can only imagine their iOS software will be buggy as well. Also I've installed the low end units like Night Owl that don't offer HD video quality.

I assume with a DVR that has network cameras I'll need to connect it to a switch and all cameras are connected to said switch and that switch is connected to a router?

ROUTER > SWITCH > DVR

> CAMERAS

I may also need one wireless camera, it would need to be a PTZ camera. It'll be affixed to a post approx. 100' away from DVR with nothing in between except a in-ground swimming pool.

Customer will have Charter installed with a static IP.

Can anyone help with HD cameras?

Thanks all!!

Is there a Budget?

There are systems out there that tick some of the boxes. The only point that you might have trouble with is to ''see faces clearly at 40-50ft away day and night'' this is a big ask - the wider the scene the less pixels you have so if you zoom in to 40ft away the picture becomes distorted the only way round this is a higher mega pixel camera (5mp) or a PTZ where you can zoom in to see the face or install cameras nearer!

I've been using QVIS here in the UK (Dahaua) for some of my HD installations and found them to be easy to install and reliable, I have been using some NVR's with POE built in and its been a dream just to run a bit of CAT5 and plug the camera in at both ends. The Push notification is great - as soon as some one walks in front of the camera I get an alert and it plays back the footage on my phone, BUT with these cheaper cameras I tend have a lot of problems on motion what ever the sensitivity is set on, so if a customer wants Push I tend to install an external PIR with the camera otherwise your will get bombarded with false alarms.

QVIS also do a 2MP PTZ - there are plenty of videos on YouTube, I've just order one to try out but the picture looks very good.

Have a look through some of the threads on here - there are some great example pictures that will give you an idea of image quality.

I have recently moved from an analog camera (720 lines) and DVR to a Dahua IP HD camera (2Mp 20X Zoom Network IR PTZ Dome;

SD6C220S/230S-HN) and NVR (NVR4104) and having problems with over-active motion detection. Now, the analog solution was very accurate in its motion detection; that is, it recorded the vehicles and pedestrian traffic I expected to be captured. However, with the higher resolution of the Dahua equipment, almost everything is being recorded. And the "Web Service" interface to the NVR does not appear adequately configurable to solve the problem. It seems that with the HD cameras the NVR motion detection features need to be much more powerful. Does anyone have any experience with this issue? Thanks!

I have recently moved from an analog camera (720 lines) and DVR to a Dahua IP HD camera (2Mp 20X Zoom Network IR PTZ Dome;

SD6C220S/230S-HN) and NVR (NVR4104) and having problems with over-active motion detection. Now, the analog solution was very accurate in its motion detection; that is, it recorded the vehicles and pedestrian traffic I expected to be captured. However, with the higher resolution of the Dahua equipment, almost everything is being recorded. And the "Web Service" interface to the NVR does not appear adequately configurable to solve the problem. It seems that with the HD cameras the NVR motion detection features need to be much more powerful. Does anyone have any experience with this sort of issue?